MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

In 4 playoff games he has 3 TD and 5 Ints.  He has also thrown for over 200 yards once in those four games

Lamar Jackson is 30-7 in the regular season, 30 wins in 37 starts. He has won 81% of his regular season starts. Derek Carr is 47-63, he has won 43% of his regular season starts. You're worried about QBR and analytics, Lamar Jackson is an MVP caliber player. Carr has crumbled in every big game for the last two seasons, lol.

6 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

As far as our team is concerned there are question marks and maybe they are not good enough.  Let me rephrase what I said to make it more clear.  If we are an improvement of a legit 8-8 team from last year we should beat the Ravens. 

That "legit" 8-8 team was 2 plays away from being 6-10 against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. This will be by far the worst offensive line Carr has ever had in his career. 

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

That's a HUGE leap forward from what we had to work with last year. I'm not necessarily anticipating a top 10 D this year, but if Bradley's worth his salt, we should be markedly better right out the gate. 

The defense looked better on paper last year. We added Maliek Collins, a DT that had more pass rush pressure then any other player in the league outside of Donald. We finally had addressed the LB position with Littleton and Kwit. We had young players expected to be impact starters in Ferrell, Crosby, Arnette, Mullen, and Abram. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The last 2 seasons in week 1...

Lamar Jackson: 37/45 for 600 yards, 8 TD/0 INT, 97 points scored

Derek Carr: 44/56 for 498 yards, 2 TD/0 INT, 58 points scored

Like I said in the last post, week 1 the past 2 years have been Lamar's best passing games of his career.  Could he just be an amazing passer week 1 every year?  Maybe, and if that is the case we are going to get wrecked but I do not think so.  He faced really bad defenses the past 2 years in week 1 and I hope our defense has improved.  Once again the Ravens are not full strength on either side of the ball giving us the advantage.

Lamar Jackson is 30-7 in the regular season, 30 wins in 37 starts. He has won 81% of his regular season starts. Derek Carr is 47-63, he has won 43% of his regular season starts. You're worried about QBR and analytics, Lamar Jackson is an MVP caliber player. Carr has crumbled in every big game for the last two seasons, lol.

This is not a Carr vs Lamar conversation.  This is a Raiders vs Ravens thread.  The theory behind stopping the Ravens offense is simple but implementing it is not.  With the injuries they have had it should be much easier but we still have to bring a different level of intensity to do it.  Lamar is a one trick pony but he is probably the best to ever do it.  I would not put Lamar in the MVP talk but that is just my opinion.  

That "legit" 8-8 team was 2 plays away from being 6-10 against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. This will be by far the worst offensive line Carr has ever had in his career. 

You could say that about games we won and games we lost.  Any game in the league that the final score was less than one TD you can say could have gone the other way if not for one play.  We would have beaten the Dolphins and Chargers if it was not for 1 play also.  I agree about the o-line.  It is my #1 question mark on offense.  At the beginning of the off-season I was arguing about not relying on Incognito because of his age and injury last year.  I was right and now we have to rely on a second year player who is no were near the level of the player he is replacing.  3 question marks on the o-line is 2 to many.  The line will not be an excuse for the team however because these are the players we picked.  If we lost 3 guys to injury on the line I would say it is an excuse.

Edited by drfrey13

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The defense looked better on paper last year. We added Maliek Collins, a DT that had more pass rush pressure then any other player in the league outside of Donald. We finally had addressed the LB position with Littleton and Kwit. We had young players expected to be impact starters in Ferrell, Crosby, Arnette, Mullen, and Abram. 

But the biggest problem was Guenther and we knew that.  Gruden did not but we did.  That problem has been corrected so know we will get to see what we have and the only direction the defense as a hole should go in is up.

😂 On paper? On paper last year where were the sacks supposed to come from?

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

KJ Wright, Denzel Perryman, and Gerald McCoy literally just got here though. 

That's what destroyed the Dolphins and the Browns the last two seasons in week 1 against the Ravens. They were so worried about containing Lamar Jackson as a runner that he diced them up throwing the ball. In those 2 games he's 37/45 for 600 yards with 8 TD/0 INT and the Ravens offense scored 97 points. 

We're likely going to have two starting LB's that just got here in Perryman/Wright and two rookie DB's in Moehrig/Hobbs playing a ton of snaps. That's not a great recipe going against a team that had a month to prepare for us.

Perryman and Wright probably know the system better then the guys that have been here all year and McCoy has been here long enough to pick it up, and it’s not like he’s going to be playing 50+ snaps

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

This is not a Carr vs Lamar conversation.  This is a Raiders vs Ravens thread.  The theory behind stopping the Ravens offense is simple but implementing it is not.  With the injuries they have had it should be much easier but we still have to bring a different level of intensity to do it.  Lamar is a one trick pony but he is probably the best to ever do it.  I would not put Lamar in the MVP talk but that is just my opinion.  

Mariota diced up Gus Bradley's scheme.