2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mixon 100% start, Burrow's first game back, iffy OL, he's going to dump it off to him and they'll lean on the run.

See I’ve been leaning starting Mostert and Smith and sitting Mixon. Really want to start Smith against Atlanta and how can I sit Mostert against the Lions? Mixon going up against a good/revamped D-line vs my other two guys going up against the worst ranked defense against their respective positions last year. 

1 hour ago, BillSabre said:

See I’ve been leaning starting Mostert and Smith and sitting Mixon. Really want to start Smith against Atlanta and how can I sit Mostert against the Lions? Mixon going up against a good/revamped D-line vs my other two guys going up against the worst ranked defense against their respective positions last year. 

I'd just be cautious with Smith, he's a rookie and was hurt during training camp. Last year Justin Jefferson only had 2 catches for 26 yards week 1. 

Edited by NYRaider

I keep going back and forth between Damien Harris and D'Andre Swift. Full PPR, I like Swift more over the course of the season but coming off a groin injury in a game that the Lions are likely going to be down early he seems risky. I think the Patriots will likely try to lean on the run game week 1 with Mac at QB. Harris should be the workhorse and the 4 games he had 15+ touches last season he averaged 104 yards per game. 

Thoughts?

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I keep going back and forth between Damien Harris and D'Andre Swift. Full PPR, I like Swift more over the course of the season but coming off a groin injury in a game that the Lions are likely going to be down early he seems risky. I think the Patriots will likely try to lean on the run game week 1 with Mac at QB. Harris should be the workhorse and the 4 games he had 15+ touches last season he averaged 104 yards per game. 

Thoughts?

Tough one.

We have 3 options now for running at RB, and I would expect BB to use them all. Harris will drop carries to JJ and to a lesser extent Stevenson. But he will have the most carries. We SHOULD be running the heck out of the ball this week and Harris did have the goal line runs last season, but now we have a 230 lb running back....

Swift is probably even more of a work horse, right? But will they run as much. If it were me I'd probably go Swift week 1 and use this week as a spotting week for Harris

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Tough one.

We have 3 options now for running at RB, and I would expect BB to use them all. Harris will drop carries to JJ and to a lesser extent Stevenson. But he will have the most carries. We SHOULD be running the heck out of the ball this week and Harris did have the goal line runs last season, but now we have a 230 lb running back....

Swift is probably even more of a work horse, right? But will they run as much. If it were me I'd probably go Swift week 1 and use this week as a spotting week for Harris

I expect that the Patriots/Dolphins game will be closer than the 49ers/Lions game so I think you'll run the ball more than Detroit will because they'll likely be playing from behind and passing the ball to stay in it. Harris only had 11 carries inside the 10 yard line last year because Cam Newton had 31 and scored 11 rushing TD. I'm sure Stevenson will get some playing time but he's also a rookie and just fractured his thumb at practice this week. Plus he only had 13 rushing TD's during his last two years in college while Harris had 20. Whenever Harris had 15+ touches he put up 100+ yards for you guys last season. 

And not really, Swift split carries with Adrian Peterson last season and will split carries with Jamal Williams this season. If the Lions go down early I don't think they'll run the ball very much and Swift has been dealing with a groin injury. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I expect that the Patriots/Dolphins game will be closer than the 49ers/Lions game so I think you'll run the ball more than Detroit will because they'll likely be playing from behind and passing the ball to stay in it. Harris only had 11 carries inside the 10 yard line last year because Cam Newton had 31 and scored 11 rushing TD. I'm sure Stevenson will get some playing time but he's also a rookie and just fractured his thumb at practice this week. Plus he only had 13 rushing TD's during his last two years in college while Harris had 20. Whenever Harris had 15+ touches he put up 100+ yards for you guys last season. 

And not really, Swift split carries with Adrian Peterson last season and will split carries with Jamal Williams this season. If the Lions go down early I don't think they'll run the ball very much and Swift has been dealing with a groin injury. 

Go Harris. lol