2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Going to need a LT at this point.

I think Lewan will get a little more consistent as he gets further away from the injury. He's had a lot of good snaps too. Ronnie Stanley looked pretty bad coming off a knee injury this year too.

RG and RT are much worse starters right now. Nate Davis has been our worst OL by far. No one knows where/if Dillon Radunz is going to play.

Edited by TitanSS

This is how I view our current needs:

1. C / TE
2. OG / WR / EDGE
3. OT
4. IDL
5. ILB / CB / S / QB / RB

I tried to break it in tiers and group each position. #1 being I'm not projecting a starter on the roster at that position in 2022. #5 being anything we add is most likely just depth, at least for the next two years or until we know more about some of the younger players we're projecting to be contributors.

Obviously, I made some assumptions about what we're going to do with bringing back our own free agents and our 2021 rookies taking a step forward, but that doesn't always play out as expected.

Assuming Harold Landry and Jayon Brown are resigned and that Ben Jones is not. Also assuming that Farley gets going as a starting CB and that Radunz is starting RT. If Radunz is playing OG (or worse, not starting at all) that would obviously move OT up.

I don't think it's farfetched to see Ben Jones resigned at all. 33 is getting older, but not to the point where you would expect an OL to just fall off a cliff.

Edited by TitanSS

I like Brewer going forward as the center for next year. However, I’m either signing a vet or drafting one in the mid rounds. We’re also 1 year away from Saffold being a FA as well so an interior OL rookie in mid rounds would be a good idea anyway. It’s sad that after all that’s been invested in the OL, that as of right now, we don’t have a single guy who could be considered locked in past next season.

I don't hate Brewer competing for a C/OG spot, but I don't actually expect him to be above backup level if he starts a whole season. I wouldn't be happy bringing in someone who isn't ready to compete with him to start immediately. I think we'd be in the same situation we're in with RT right now where we have a backup level starter and someone who maybe has potential but isn't ready to play. I think our best bet to avoid drafting C in the first couple rounds is Ben Jones on a team friendly deal.

We can't have our OL continuing to deteriorate. It's gotten worse consecutive years now and it's killing our offense.

I think only two of our five biggest needs are impact positions, WR and EDGE. If one of those positions isn't worth drafting when we pick, I would definitely be open to going IOL in round 1, although I know that would be very unpopular on here. I definitely prefer not drafting IOL in round 1, but I don't want to reach for WR/EDGE and end up with an inferior player.

I don't see any TE being worthy of a round 1 pick this year.

If Radunz doesn't look like he's close to starting at RT by the end of the year we could be looking at OT in round 1 😪 lmfao.

Haven’t even focused much on draft prospects much yet. Clearly the OL is going to have to be rebuilt. WR and TE is a clear need. Defensively, we need depth but starters, we should be fine going forward. Evans will be gone and it would be nice to see if Rice can fill his role or maybe even be a starter with Long. Jayon is a FA and I wouldn’t mind having him back but his health has definitely gave him issues these past few seasons. Fulton and Farley should be the starters with Jackson/Molden as nickel. Then you have Jenkins as depth if they keep him. Maybe draft a CB in the mid rounds or resign Borders to be the 5th/6th CB again. Dupree is set at one edge spot going forward. Do we resign Landry? He’s having his best year but is that because it’s a contract year? He’s always been pretty solid but definitely not a difference maker. Dupree might be a slightly better version. Neither are #1 pass-rushers. Resign Ola and have him and Weaver as the #4 and #5 EDGE guys. Draft an edge rusher high. I like our DL unit. Probably could use better depth but Simmons, Autry, Tart, and Murchison is pretty solid. Going into the offseason with this depth chart on defense….

EDGE: Dupree, Weaver

ILB: Long, Rice

DL: Simmons, Autry, Tart, Murchison

CB: Fulton, Farley, Molden/Jackson, Jenkins

S: Byard, Hooker, Breeze

FA: Landry, Brown, Evans, Borders, Ola, Cruikshank, Farley

That unit looks much better talent wise than what it was last year heading into the offseason. Obviously we’d need depth for sure but the starters would be pretty set outside of the one edge spot(resign Landry?) and the other ILB spot. Improve the other safety spot and make Hooker the 3rd safety again? Maybe, but I just don’t expect a lot of resources heading into the defense this offseason. They spent a lot this past offseason. The main resource should be hiring a real DC and doing a complete overhaul of all the defensive coaches. As much as everyone will hate it, the OL needs to be rebuilt. We need to find a backup RB who can stay healthy and actually give Henry a break. Absolutely need a TE who isn’t one dimensional. Definitely need to improve the depth behind AJ and Julio. Not holding my breath on Fitzpatrick becoming anything at this level.

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I’m not worried bout LT, Lewan will eventually come around I expected him to struggle coming off an ACL injury, & if he doesn’t this season sign him to a 1yr prove it deal. I want us addressing 2 positions in the 1st round in 2022 & that’s TE or C 

Lewan isn’t a FA. He’s got 3 years left and is incredibly overpaid. Not a single TE is worthy of 1st round pick at this point. 

On 10/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, TitanSS said:

This is how I view our current needs:

1. C / TE
2. OG / WR / EDGE
3. OT
4. IDL
5. ILB / CB / S / QB / RB

I think this is a pretty good list.  I'd put Edge in the top tier with TE and C myself, and I think we can be OK at OG.  Nate Davis has been bad, but he had a great season last year and is still really young.  Saffold and Jones are getting older, so having someone take over there is imperative IMO.  I think we're fine at OT.  Radunz is a rookie who they have learning seemingly all the OL positions after not playing football for a year and going from FCS to the NFL.  Just look at the learning curve Trevor Lawrence is dealing with. Brewer is a solid backup, and Quessenberry and Sambrailo, when they're back to being backups, are great.  Get Radunz up to speed, draft a C early and you've fixed the OL IMO.

Ideally, we trade down since we don't have a second rounder.  Early picks at C, TE, and Edge are absolutely imperative IMO.  Huge gap between those and the rest of the needs.

IDL would be my next, then probably OG and WR.

@DanielI had EDGE up there a few weeks ago until I looked at Dupree's contract details.

Dupree's going to be getting 20m/year with no out for a couple years. If we bring back Landry that would be a lot of money tied up in a position to consider it a top priority and money we couldn't put elsewhere, so I saw it lower down the list. If we don't bring back Landry it's obviously the #1 need.

15 hours ago, TitanSS said:

@DanielI had EDGE up there a few weeks ago until I looked at Dupree's contract details.

Dupree's going to be getting 20m/year with no out for a couple years. If we bring back Landry that would be a lot of money tied up in a position to consider it a top priority and money we couldn't put elsewhere, so I saw it lower down the list. If we don't bring back Landry it's obviously the #1 need.

Oh yeah, but even so, a team needs three good pass rushers.  Maybe Weaver gets there sooner rather than later, but I still think, even with Dupree and Landry on big contracts, we need a third pretty badly.  I don't think that's a first round pick problem, but still an early pick.  Plus, they probably wouldn't be very effective until their second season anyway, which puts them at making an impact around the time we'll be able to let Dupree go.

We have a passable pass rush right now when healthy.  We want a strong pass rush.  And if we have a better group of Edge players that can seal the edge and get to the QB more effectively, we probably won't have to dial up as many exotic blitzes and can have our non-Edge guys work on other stuff.

Center is probably the biggest single need though.  In an ideal scenario, we trade down (hopefully we have to trade out of the first because we pick at the end) to get additional picks and spend our first three on C, Edge, and TE within the second and third.

• Like 1