2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

Yeah, if we spend a first round pick on a linebacker, I will riot.

Our interior OL needs attention, as does our depth at WR,  Edge if we can't figure out a way to keep Landry, and potentially DT if we can't keep Simmons.  And we still desperately need a TE.

Ideally, I'd like to see us trade out of the first round.  No second and no seventh doesn't leave us a lot of wiggle room.  But if we can't, TE in the first, then WR, DE, and C however the prospects fall out.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Cunningham and Long aren’t. Monty Rice would be the backup who also played well.

Cunningham could end up being a cap casualty. I’m not even advocating for it, just saying he’s turning into a little crush. Obviously, he’s most likely not even going to be available to us.

5 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Cunningham could end up being a cap casualty. I’m not even advocating for it, just saying he’s turning into a little crush. Obviously, he’s most likely not even going to be available to us.

Cap casualty? For what? He’s one of the better LBs in football and Long is making nothing. No reason to cut Cunningham and as long as Vrabel is here and Cunningham is in his prime, he isn’t going anywhere.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Cap casualty? For what? He’s one of the better LBs in football and Long is making nothing. No reason to cut Cunningham and as long as Vrabel is here and Cunningham is in his prime, he isn’t going anywhere.

Long has one more year on his contract, so do Brown and Hooker and that’s without counting Landry and Simmons, who will need and likely get extensions. We have like 13M projected in cap space as per spotrac for next year. I’m not saying it’s a guarantee to happen, but to think that he is untouchable is kind of crazy, especially with that many pieces that are soon finishing their rookie contracts.

Anything other than OT or WR early and I'll be furious. OT depends on Lewan/Radunz situation otherwise it's WR 100%. 

LB shouldn't ever be a 1st RD pick, even as a need, unless it's a blue chip/generational prospect.

I like Williams, but we need guys who are contributing in 2022. He's not going to be playing until late in the season, if at all.

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Guys, I know we may have bigger needs but I’m all aboard the Travon Walker as our 1st round pick bandwagon. Dude is going to be a monster with the right coaching.

Piggybacking on this, I just can’t pass on this guy if he’s there at our pick, even with potential other needs. Just imagine adding him to our front 7.

5 hours ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, if we spend a first round pick on a linebacker, I will riot.

Our interior OL needs attention, as does our depth at WR,  Edge if we can't figure out a way to keep Landry, and potentially DT if we can't keep Simmons.  And we still desperately need a TE.

Ideally, I'd like to see us trade out of the first round.  No second and no seventh doesn't leave us a lot of wiggle room.  But if we can't, TE in the first, then WR, DE, and C however the prospects fall out.

In what world are we not keeping Simmons?

In whatever order it takes to make this happen. Prioritize these.

Guard - Tight End - Receiver(a fast person)

I still think Radunz is playing one of the tackle spots next year. No way we can let Jones go either. We have to resign him. Honestly I think Saffold retires so that leaves us with a hole at LG assuming we have Lewan at LT and Radunz at RT. 

OG, TE, WR, EDGE would be the top 4 needs in my opinion. Resign Foreman and Hilliard to be the backup RBs competing with Evans in camp although he’ll be on a short leash. It’s a deep TE draft so I’d like to land one of those top WRs in the first. One of them has to be there at the end of R1. Sign a FA TE and OG(not one of the high-priced guys) and draft both positions as well. OJ Howard is a FA and shouldn’t be that expensive but could be a nice reclamation project. Draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th round. This is all banking on resigning Landry and Jones. If not, EDGE jumps to the top of the list again in my opinion.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I still think Radunz is playing one of the tackle spots next year. No way we can let Jones go either. We have to resign him. Honestly I think Saffold retires so that leaves us with a hole at LG assuming we have Lewan at LT and Radunz at RT. 

OG, TE, WR, EDGE would be the top 4 needs in my opinion. Resign Foreman and Hilliard to be the backup RBs competing with Evans in camp although he’ll be on a short leash. It’s a deep TE draft so I’d like to land one of those top WRs in the first. One of them has to be there at the end of R1. Sign a FA TE and OG(not one of the high-priced guys) and draft both positions as well. OJ Howard is a FA and shouldn’t be that expensive but could be a nice reclamation project. Draft a TE in the 3rd or 4th round. This is all banking on resigning Landry and Jones. If not, EDGE jumps to the top of the list again in my opinion.

Do you think we could work with Tanny to rework/extend his deal to give us more cap space these next few years?

I know Brady did this sort of thing in 2013 to help the Patriots over the next three years to gain assets in free agency.

8 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Do you think we could work with Tanny to rework/extend his deal to give us more cap space these next few years?

I know Brady did this sort of thing in 2013 to help the Patriots over the next three years to gain assets in free agency.

Not sure how that works as he’s already had his deal restructured. His cap hit for next season is insane due to that restructure. 

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

In what world are we not keeping Simmons?

In whatever order it takes to make this happen. Prioritize these.

Guard - Tight End - Receiver(a fast person)

I just listed it as a remote unlikely option. I think he’s the priority on defense.

Landry is the one I think they’d let go if it came down to being unable to re-sign all three.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Piggybacking on this, I just can’t pass on this guy if he’s there at our pick, even with potential other needs. Just imagine adding him to our front 7.

I will never be mad to stockpile talent on the DL

it transforms a defense 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

I will never be mad to stockpile talent on the DL

it transforms a defense 

I feel in the modern NFL you win a Super Bowl with either an elite QB and/or an elite pass rush, where you can get pressure only rushing four. Tannehill, while good to great, will never be elite imo. So let’s make our good pass rush into an elite one by adding a player who I feel could be special.

That’s just my thinking of drafting Walker.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel in the modern NFL you win a Super Bowl with either an elite QB and/or an elite pass rush, where you can get pressure only rushing four. Tannehill, while good to great, will never be elite imo. So let’s make our good pass rush into an elite one by adding a player who I feel could be special.

That’s just my thinking of drafting Walker.

QB play aside

you will always be competitive with a good-to-great OL and DL

No cliche runs more true than “the game is won in the trenches”.

• Like 1