2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

So, this is going to be a bit of a long post. Something I wanted to check out is where the top guys by positions in the NFL were drafted. I wanted to know what’s the best “bang for your buck” position to draft in the 1st. In my limited research, this is what I found. You can debate the top guys at the positions but the point still reminds. I also didn’t do it for QB, RB or any obvious position we won’t use a 1st round pick on. 

WR-D. Adams(2nd), C.Kupp (3rd), D.Samuel (2nd), J.Jefferson (1st), J. Chase(1st), T.Hill(5th), AJ Brown(2nd), M.Evans(1st), D.Hopkins(1st), S.Diggs(5th)

TE-T.Kelce(3rd), G.Kittle(5th), M.Andrews(3rd), D.Waller(6th), K.Pitts(1st), R.Gronkowski(2nd), D.Goedert(2nd)

G-J.Bitonio(2nd), Z.Martin(1st), A. Marpet(2nd), Q.Nelson (1st), W.Teller(5th), S.Mason (4th), R.Stafford(2nd)

C-J.Kelce(6th), C. Humphrey(2nd), C. Linsley(5th), R.Jensen(6th), B.Jones (4th)

T-T.Williams(1st), T.Wirfs(1st), R.Slater (1st), L. Tunsil(1st), D. Bakhtiari(4th), L.Johnson(1st), R.Ramczyk(1st), T.Armstead(3rd), G.Bolles(1st), T.Lewan(1st)

DL-A.Donald(1st), C.Jones(2nd), J.Simmons(1st), D.Buckner(1st), C.Heyward(1st), J.Allen(1st), C.Jordan(1st), K. Clark(1st), V.Vea(1st)

Edge-M.Garrett(1st), TJ Watt(1st), N.Bosa(1st), J.Bosa(1st), R.Quinn(1st), S.Barrett(Undrafted), M.Crosby(4th), T.Hendrickson(3rd), C.Jones(1st), B.Burns(1st), H.Landry(2nd)

CB-J.Ramsey(1st), T.Diggs(2nd), JC Jackson(Undrafted), AJ Terrell(1st), D.Slay(2nd), X.Howard(2nd), M.Lattimore(1st), J.Alexander(1st), Tre White(1st), K. Fulton (2nd)

So based off this, if you want a top end talent at edge,DL,CB or T your best bet is to draft one early. That’s why I’m still for drafting an edge or DL in the first, even if it’s not the biggest need. Ideally we could trade back into the 2nd and get IOL or WR. If we stay at 26 though my preference for position to draft is 1)Edge/DL 2)WR 3a)T 3b)IOL 5)CB. The main thing for me is no TE or ILB in the 1st. QB too, but if they find one they think is a future franchise guy, I can’t fault them.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

So, this is going to be a bit of a long post. Something I wanted to check out is where the top guys by positions in the NFL were drafted. I wanted to know what’s the best “bang for your buck” position to draft in the 1st. In my limited research, this is what I found. You can debate the top guys at the positions but the point still reminds. I also didn’t do it for QB, RB or any obvious position we won’t use a 1st round pick on. 

WR-D. Adams(2nd), C.Kupp (3rd), D.Samuel (2nd), J.Jefferson (1st), J. Chase(1st), T.Hill(5th), AJ Brown(2nd), M.Evans(1st), D.Hopkins(1st), S.Diggs(5th)

TE-T.Kelce(3rd), G.Kittle(5th), M.Andrews(3rd), D.Waller(6th), K.Pitts(1st), R.Gronkowski(2nd), D.Goedert(2nd)

G-J.Bitonio(2nd), Z.Martin(1st), A. Marpet(2nd), Q.Nelson (1st), W.Teller(5th), S.Mason (4th), R.Stafford(2nd)

T-T.Williams(1st), T.Wirfs(1st), R.Slater (1st), L. Tunsil(1st), D. Bakhtiari(4th), L.Johnson(1st), R.Ramczyk(1st), T.Armstead(3rd), G.Bolles(1st), T.Lewan(1st)

DL-A.Donald(1st), C.Jones(2nd), J.Simmons(1st), D.Buckner(1st), C.Heyward(1st), J.Allen(1st), C.Jordan(1st), K. Clark(1st), V.Vea(1st)

Edge-M.Garrett(1st), TJ Watt(1st), N.Bosa(1st), J.Bosa(1st), R.Quinn(1st), S.Barrett(Undrafted), M.Crosby(4th), T.Hendrickson(3rd), C.Jones(1st), B.Burns(1st), H.Landry(2nd)

CB-J.Ramsey(1st), T.Diggs(2nd), JC Jackson(Undrafted), AJ Terrell(1st), D.Slay(2nd), X.Howard(2nd), M.Lattimore(1st), J.Alexander(1st), Tre White(1st), K. Fulton (2nd)

So based off this, if you want a top end talent at edge,DL,CB or T your best bet is to draft one early. That’s why I’m still for drafting an edge or DL in the first, even if it’s not the biggest need. Ideally we could trade back into the 2nd and get IOL or WR. If we stay at 26 though my preference for position to draft is 1)Edge/DL 2)WR 3a)T 3b)IOL 5)CB. The main thing for me is no TE or ILB in the 1st. QB too, but if they find one they think is a future franchise guy, I can’t fault them.

this makes sense. DL/edge, T, and (perhaps to a lesser extent) CB are positions where you basically have to have elite athleticism/traits if you want to be an elite player, and those traits are measurable and identifiable. so a guy who is like 6'6" 250 and has elite bend and burst at edge is almost never going to fall out of the first round, and it's not easy to be an elite edge without traits like that. and if you want an elite tackle, you basically have to get a giant monster that can also move. again, outside of some small school guys or injury concerns etc, those dudes don't fall. whereas WR, iOL, TE, etc are much less dependent on those things- you frequently have guys without elite measurables that can dominate, or guys who have strong traits but never put it all together until the pros, etc.

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

What you’re saying makes sense however keep in mind if we resign or tag landry we’re basically saying we’re all in & playing to win while our window is open. We need playmakers we can win with Tannehill if we surround him with weapons. Okay if we’re saying Tannehill our guy get him weapons 

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Jelani Woods blowing up the combine 👀👀👀

Huy went from likely a mid round pick before the E/W shrine game to now potentially going in the 2nd round.

Yea I’m liking Jelani Woods.. I was liking him before the combine but he’s looking out of our reach now.. Good thing this is a deep class.