2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I'd like to trade down too, but I'm trying not to get too tied to that idea since we always wanna trade down every year and it never materializes lol.

58 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the thing about trading down is there has to be someone who wants to trade up lol. not to mention the compensation has to be right. you can't just choose to do it if you want to. it's a near-certainty that we've attempted to do it at various points and it just hasn't worked out.

I'm not saying if we don't trade down it's a failure.  But there should be plenty of demand for trade up spots around the end of the first.  Between the Chiefs and Lions having two picks after us which they can easily use if there's someone they like, several teams after us really wanting receivers (and there's likely to be like one of the top ones left in that stretch), or teams just wanting to move up for fifth year options, I think trading down should be easy to do.  And you don't need a big haul to make it worth while.

But I think if their plan is to go OL, then they absolutely, positively, must trade down first.

The WRs that will be left by the time we get to our next pick are two steps below the ones we could have in the first.  The OLs, not so much.  Guys like Dylan Parham and Cole Strange are only slightly behind Zion Johnson and Trevor Penning in how good they are.

It would be an inefficient allocation of resources to need to go OL at 26, even if it's a RT.  As much as I like the idea of Zion Johnson getting plugged right in at LG, and locking down the left side of the line, that leaves us getting guys who might be really good in the future, but for the current season, are WR3s at best in the third.  So we rely on the oft injured AJ Brown and the just freshly injured Robert Woods as our only difference makers.

While having great depth at WR beyond them would be valuable, that just makes us a slightly better team at WR than last year.  Our WR 3s, 4s, and 5s will be better than 2021, but then, they were actively losing us games.  I don't think marginal improvement top to bottom there is what we need.  We need another reliable guy who can be a weapon.  Even more so long term if we cut Woods loose for money.

It's just, to me, such an obviously worse way to go than just taking a really good WR, that if you're not getting something else out of it, it's already starting off in the hole.

• Like 1

I don't think there's any chance we draft a QB. You have to think you're getting a Rogers/Mahomea/Brady caliber player to spend a first on a QB when you already have a top 12 QB on your roster.

Doesn't mean we won't thoroughly check out each prospect, because if you're able to go from the 10th or 12th best QB to a top 5 guy it's a major difference-maker.

I just don't see any way they determine one of this year's QBs are making that difference.

Yeah, I don’t see how that’s anything other than a guy making **** up that doesn’t know the team needs.

People who don’t follow the Titans think LB is a need with Rashaan Evans and Jayon Brown gone. They don’t realize that Long is actually our best LB because all they know is that he’s sone sixth round pick.

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know David Bell doesn't have blazing speed. 4.6. But Cooper Kupp also ran a 4.6. 

Bell is just a good WR. He makes plays. I love him. 

Yea he’s just good at football.. I definitely like him. I don’t think he makes it to the 3rd round even with his 40

• Like 1

Well I wouldn't mind Dean at all as pick in the first, would fit very well as a coverage first guy. But I hope OL or WR is our choice.  I just don't want us "reaching" for a homerun type pick any more in the first.  Who ever we get better be day 1 ready even if he isn't a potential pro bowler. Thus yes Kenyon and Zion are good pics for me. As are WR's Olave,  Dotson, Burks.  Pickens is the type of pick I probably should expect great potential but...  good shot of being a bust due to injury concerns.

2 hours ago, 615finest said:

Crazy how much his stock has rose.. Before the combine some were wanting us to draft him

Imma pat myself on the back here.

On 1/13/2022 at 1:07 PM, TitanSlim said:

Guys, I know we may have bigger needs but I’m all aboard the Travon Walker as our 1st round pick bandwagon. Dude is going to be a monster with the right coaching.

I still hate his stock has rose so much because I would have loved him on this team. 

32 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I’m really starting to like Skyy Moore. The fact that he’s only been playing WR for 3 years is crazy.. He’s only going to get better 

It’s Christian Watson for me, he has huge upside my opinion & if Robert woods is healthy with AJ brown we can bring him in slowly. This kid reminds me of a bigger, 6’3 version of Percy Harvin. He can return kicks, a threat out the backfield, jet sweeps, end around, & screens. He’s more polished of a route runner than Percy was coming out of Florida. Dude is physical after the catch & has a 2nd gear of acceleration has some serious jets. Ran a unofficial 4.28 & a 4.36.