Which Alabama QB Will Have the Best Career?

brownie man

Which Alabama QB will have the best career?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB?

• Mac Jones Patriots
    • Jalen Hurts Eagles
    • Tua Tagovailoa Dolphins

I think Hurts is eliminated because he is in the worst situation by far, and the least talented of the three. 

Tua has a higher regard as a prospect, but I dont see anything special as either an athlete or a thrower of the football. A+ leader C+ talent. 

Mac is more accurate, sees the field better, and has a coaching staff and a system that will help him. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think Hurts is eliminated because he is in the worst situation by far, and the least talented of the three. 

Tua has a higher regard as a prospect, but I dont see anything special as either an athlete or a thrower of the football. A+ leader C+ talent. 

Mac is more accurate, sees the field better, and has a coaching staff and a system that will help him. 

Tua is a better talent than Mac Jones. My concern with Tua is injuries. I've never been a Mac Jones guy. He might well prove me wrong, but I see a mediocre talent. I won't be surprised if he has a good year for a rookie. I see him falling somewhere in the Andy Dalton to Matt Ryan range, likely closer to Dalton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Tua is a better talent than Mac Jones. My concern with Tua is injuries. I've never been a Mac Jones guy. He might well prove me wrong, but I see a mediocre talent. I won't be surprised if he has a good year for a rookie. I see him falling somewhere in the Andy Dalton to Matt Ryan range, likely closer to Dalton.

It amazes me how much faith everyone has in Mac becoming a great NFL player. Tom Brady looked washed with a similar supporting cast in New England and then looked like the best QB in the NFL once he had a stacked team around him. But Mac Jones with a similar set of weapons around him is going to light it up as a rookie? 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

It amazes me how much faith everyone has in Mac becoming a great NFL player. Tom Brady looked washed with a similar supporting cast in New England and then looked like the best QB in the NFL once he had a stacked team around him. But Mac Jones with a similar set of weapons around him is going to light it up as a rookie? 

It's not a similar supporting cast. It still isn't great though and I wouldn't expect Mac to light it up. If he does, he will indeed become an elite QB. But rookie QB is a tough job so expectations need to be kept in check.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

It's not a similar supporting cast. It still isn't great though and I wouldn't expect Mac to light it up. If he does, he will indeed become an elite QB. But rookie QB is a tough job so expectations need to be kept in check.

In Brady's final season he had Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers as his top 3 WR. Mac will have Agholor, Bourne, and Meyers as his top 3 WR. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

In Brady's final season he had Edelman, Dorsett, and Meyers as his top 3 WR. Mac will have Agholor, Bourne, and Meyers as his top 3 WR. 

yeah and LaCosse and Izzo at TE compared to Henry and Smith now.

Besides that, Marshall Newhouse started at LT and David Andrews missed the entire season.

Also Michel missed half the season. 

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

yeah and LaCosse and Izzo at TE compared to Henry and Smith now.

Besides that, Marshall Newhouse started at LT and David Andrews missed the entire season.

Also Michel missed half the season. 

So a slight improvement for a rookie QB vs the greatest QB of all time, lol.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So a slight improvement for a rookie QB vs the greatest QB of all time, lol.

depends how you look at it. Compared to 2020 it's a drastic improvement. Compared to 2019 the running game will be better and the OL will be way better. And protection is the most important thing for a rookie QB. Edelman 2019 would be the only player starting from 2019. 

Super tough...I don't really love either lol. 

I kind of had them in the same bucket. I suppose if I had to pick one, it's maybe Tua just because I like the upside a little more? But not going to surprise me at all if Mac is very competent quarterback for a decade 

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

But Mac Jones with a similar set of weapons around him is going to light it up as a rookie? 

If two higher end offensive linemen at center and tackle, better players at running back, new receivers, and massive upgrades at tight end are similar…

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If two higher end offensive linemen at center and tackle, better players at running back, new receivers, and massive upgrades at tight end are similar…

Weren't Harris, Taylor, Harry, and Meyers on the team with Brady? As were David Andrews, Trent Brown, Isaiah Wynn, and Mason? 

Smith and Henry are both pretty good, Agholor and Bourne are both meh. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Weren't Harris,

Rookie with 5 offensive snaps, compared to last year where he rushed for 5 YPC off 150+ carries, and was one of the highest rated rushers in the league (in a limited sample size, to be fair).

Taylor

Who?

EDIT: JJ Taylor? No. James White, yes.

Harry,

Played in less than 20% of snaps as an injured rookie and isn’t projected to be a starter this year.

and Meyers

An UDFA rookie buried on the depth chart, playing 36% of snaps, compared to this year where again he became one of the highest rated receivers in a limited sample size and another year+ under his belt. An I drafted rookie trying to make the roster vs the team’s likely #1 WR. Same guy, vastly different points in his career thur far.

on the team with Brady? As were David Andrews, Trent Brown, Isaiah Wynn, and Mason? 

David Andrews missed that entire season. Trent Brown was on the Raiders. Marcus Cannon and Marshall Newhouse led the teams in snaps at tackle. 

Smith and Henry are both pretty good, Agholor and Bourne are both meh. 

So yeah, even just comparing receivers, you have Edelman with a separated shoulder, rookie Meyers, Dorsett, LaCosse and Izzo, vs Agholor coming off his best season, Bourne who’s coming off a more productive year than Dorsett’s ever had, and Meyers coming off a year where he was a highly rated receiver…plus Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith. 

That’s an upgrade across the board (on paper/healthy), definitely not “similar”. If you want to say it’s still not an amazing cast of proven players (it isn’t) that’s fine. But it’s not the one Brady played with in 2019.

Edited by Yin-Yang

I went with Tua because it is too early to know much about Mac Jones.  He does have the GOAT coaching him right now, but how long will BB still be coaching?  Probably not for the majority of Mac's career. 

I haven't seen Jalen Hurts play yet, but based solely on what I've heard, it sounds like he is probably a bit limited to be able to beat out Tua and Jones.

Tua seems is on the best team right now, and if he can stay healthy, he should do very well.