•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

On 4/7/2022 at 1:42 PM, quiller said:

so, how much does loosing Neal effect our draft board.  are we now relying on Cox to not only start but be effective in 2022...  or for  Kearse to take Neal's spot.  With Hooker and Wilson to be the starters.  I just am not sure that LVE has turned it around good enough..  but having Parsons, LVE and Cox be our main LB core scares me a lot. 

thus if Dean drops I would draft him...  otherwise...

RD 1 OL...   Penning Zion Linderbaum.

Rd 2 WR  Pickens, Dotson, Watson or Moore...

LVE was one of our best defenders down the stretch. If his neck holds up I’m comfortable with him, but not confident he can stay healthy. I like Dean, but I think Cowboys are comfortable with LVE and were really high on “the steal of the draft” last year Jabril Cox. Kearse is basically a LB as well, I think that’s why they didn’t move on BWagz

Edited by DaBoys

44 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

LVE was one of our best defenders down the stretch. If his neck holds up I’m comfortable with him, but not confident he can stay healthy. I like Dean, but I think Cowboys are comfortable with LVE and were really high on “the steal of the draft” last year Jabril Cox. Hearse is basically a LB as well, I think that’s why they didn’t move on BWagz

I think you are right but it is a huge gamble in my mind as we are depending upon a lot of unknowns-Cox and Kearse and a player who has been real up and down mostly DOWN the past few years in LVE.  While not signing Wagner might help our future...  I would have liked him this year.

I

3 hours ago, quiller said:

I think you are right but it is a huge gamble in my mind as we are depending upon a lot of unknowns-Cox and Kearse and a player who has been real up and down mostly DOWN the past few years in LVE.  While not signing Wagner might help our future...  I would have liked him this year.

I

Dean likely won’t be a Cowboy for several reasons. I don’t think they are desperate at LB, and are fine ignoring it in the draft of the board shakes out that way. But I wouldn’t rule it out entirely. They brought in Lloyd and Walker for top-30 visits.

32 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This thread:

I guess that one could claim that a high number of contested catches could mean that the receiver doesn’t create separation and get open as often as he needs to. It could also mean that he plays in a poorly designed offensive system; one which doesn’t allow him to run routes which allow him to get open. And, it could also mean that he plays with QBs who generally aren’t capable of throwing WRs open.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This thread:

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I guess that one could claim that a high number of contested catches could mean that the receiver doesn’t create separation and get open as often as he needs to. It could also mean that he plays in a poorly designed offensive system; one which doesn’t allow him to run routes which allow him to get open. And, it could also mean that he plays with QBs who generally aren’t capable of throwing WRs open.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

All excellent points. "contested catches" means "cant run elite routes"

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

All excellent points. "contested catches" means "cant run elite routes"

Possible meanings....   Can not run elite routes, OC relies on ability to make catches in traffic rather then trying to get him open. Will not get open in NFL, or will not make these catches against better CB's.  Or he is just truly elite will get open in the NFL with NFL run offenses and will still make these catches no matter who is defending.  NO way to tell until he takes the field.   You might look at what he did in the senior bowl if he played...  or combine to see what his measurables are....

Okay.... I am hopping that what I've seen means we go OL in first which means we take either Zion, Green or Linderbaum.   And yes in my Mind Cross is the ideal 1st round pick.   and just how many of you think we take Raimann if he is there over Zion if Green or Linderbaum are gone.

Moving on to the second I WANT a WR...   sure if Olave, Burksor Pickens drop I grab them but here in the real world  who do we want..   I don't think I would take any of these except maybe possibly Olave over OL of above in the first so we need to get a WR in the second. 

The top options of Dotson, Watson, Moore I guess but I've yet to do a mock and have any of these still there in the second....

so... that leaves... Metchie, Shakir, Austin, Tolbert are any of these valid options in the second.  Rarely do any of the above reach the third... ive seen Tolbert and Shakir a few times but that is about it....

Edited by quiller

1 hour ago, quiller said:

Possible meanings....   Can not run elite routes, OC relies on ability to make catches in traffic rather then trying to get him open. Will not get open in NFL, or will not make these catches against better CB's.  Or he is just truly elite will get open in the NFL with NFL run offenses and will still make these catches no matter who is defending.  NO way to tell until he takes the field.   You might look at what he did in the senior bowl if he played...  or combine to see what his measurables are....

Did you read the Twitter thread?

You obviously never know for sure, but I definitely see a guy that has trouble separating. That makes me quite nervous with him. 

• Like 1