Raiders waive LB Tanner Muse

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He was a third round S/LB convert a year ago and we drafted another S/LB convert this year, paid to resign Morrow, traded for Perryman, and signed KJ Wright. I'll trust Gus Bradley's opinion on LB's over Paul Guenther's and clearly he wasn't a fan of Muse. 

i think we would be living in a different world right now if Nickolas Morrow and white hadn't gotten hurt. I think we would've still got KJ wright though

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

We have seven linebackers right now(with Muse had 8). That's almost 10 linebackers. At that point it becomes process of elimination. I would imagine you have to look at things like what position they play.

Tanner muse in the situation we're in right now is a back up SLB(what is the equivalent to having a back up full back) teams don't keep those specially when you have almost 10 linebackers

Why did we draft a similar LB, trade for a LB, and sign a LB right before the season starts if we had faith in Muse? 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

i think we would be living in a different world right now if Nickolas Morrow and white hadn't gotten hurt. I think we would've still got KJ wright though

Vic said the staff didn't think the young linebacker's (plural) were ready to play big roles so that's why they went after KJ Wright. It makes sense to have 1 developmental LB that can play special teams but 3 is too many. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Vic said the staff didn't think the young linebacker's (plural) were ready to play big roles so that's why they went after KJ Wright. It makes sense to have 1 developmental LB that can play special teams but 3 is too many. 

Problem is Vic say a lot of things things that may not be true. 

I agree with the second thing you said though

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:
  • we have 4 better LBs for the present: Wright, Littleton, Perryman, Kwit
  • we like 2 better prospects for the future: White, Deablo 
  • plus Morrow probably comes back towards the 4th quarter of the year.

And if special teams is his only real value we already have special teams war daddies in Carrier and Leavitt. 

48 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Spent a 3rd on Muse and literally got a better version as UDFA in Javin White. That’s how you handle projects. 

Gruden has spent third round picks on Martavis Bryant, Antonio Brown, Arden Key, Brandon Parker, Lynn Bowen Jr, and Tanner Muse. As well as Divne Deablo/Malcolm Koonce who likely won't really play this year. Bryan Edwards is our only hope, lol.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I mean it was clearly true based on the fact that we traded for a LB and signed another LB right before the season starts. 

They traded for a middle linebacker because the starting middle linebacker got hurt and the back up middle linebacker was also hurt. 

They signed a SLB linebacker that reportedly wanted to play there from the beginning they were just trying to figure the number out. 

I don't even know that either of those are explicitly why he got cut. If they had kept Muse on the 53 that would've been 8 linebackers. Muse plays the least valuable linebacker position which most rosters only usually have one(very similar to a fullback on offense). 

I don't even know that either of those are explicitly why he got cut. If they had kept Muse on the 53 that would've been 8 linebackers. Muse plays the least valuable linebacker position which most rosters only usually have one(very similar to a fullback on offense). 

They stashed White/Morrow on IR and cut Muse immediately after signing KJ Wright, lol.

Just now, NYRaider said:

They stashed White/Morrow on IR and cut Muse immediately after signing KJ Wright, lol.

White place weak side linebacker Morrow plays inside linebacker and use plays strong side linebacker. Weak side linebacker and middle linebacker or more valuable positions(specially in Gus Bradleys defense than strong side linebacker). 

About this KJ Wright is the best strong side linebacker in the NFL(regardless of age). Notice how he doesn't sign until right before the season starts. Why didn't anybody want him because a strong side linebacker isn't a valuable position. That is a factor

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

White place weak side linebacker Morrow plays inside linebacker and use plays strong side linebacker. Weak side linebacker and middle linebacker or more valuable positions(specially in Gus Bradleys defense than strong side linebacker). 

About this KJ Wright is the best strong side linebacker in the NFL(regardless of age). Notice how he doesn't sign until right before the season starts. Why didn't anybody want him because a strong side linebacker isn't a valuable position. That is a factor

They were trying Muse at SLB during the preseason. KJ played WLB his entire career before last season and wanted to get paid.

Edited by NYRaider

I mean I think it was pretty clear all preseason that

1. that was his best position

2. it looked like it was all he could play(at least right now)

Well at the end of the day after two training camps and 3 preseason games he got cut despite being a 3rd round pick.