Raiders waive LB Tanner Muse

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Kyzir White worked well in LA under Bradley, it just didn't make a ton of sense to have Deablo/Muse both taking up spots on the 53 man roster. 

Unless Bradley didn’t like what he saw in Muse, really liked Deablo and knew that Muse wouldn’t be around long enough to stand in the way of the pick

I hope Leatherwood pans out but he was still a reach. Of course, people will defend reaches here as they happen.

Getting a value pick in a future round doesn’t erase the earlier reach. Cle was and is a reach even if Crosby looks like a good value. 

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

I hope Leatherwood pans out but he was still a reach. Of course, people will defend reaches here as they happen.

Getting a value pick in a future round doesn’t erase the earlier reach. Cle was and is a reach even if Crosby looks like a good value. 

A reach is only a reach if the player doesn’t perform up to his draft status. Too early to say at this stage. (And I was not a big fan of the pick at the time).

Like Miller, if he pans out you could argue it was a reach as draftniks said and the Raiders got lucky (entirely plausible). Or, you could argue that while for the most part they totally suck at drafting, but do occasionally get one right.

Agree with your point though and you are right that all the others absolutely were reaches.  

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's funny because as we're getting better because of FA, it makes our draft decisions look horrible. That being said, it's better to cut bait then to hold on too long. Javin White looked really good and may be the future of the LB position here anyways.

are we getting better at FA? hard to know until we see what the defense actually looks like in real games. we thought we were good at FA because we signed Littleton. i remember when we were good at FA because we paired david amerson with sean smith.

Edited by Turnobili

Just now, reddevil said:

A reach is only a reach if the player doesn’t perform up to his draft status. Too early to say at this stage. (And I was not a big fan of the pick at the time).

Like Miller, if he pans out you could argue it was a reach as draftniks said and the Raiders got lucky (entirely plausible). Or, you could argue that while for the most part they totally suck at drafting, but do occasionally get one right.

Agree with your point though and you are right that all the others absolutely were reaches.  

completely disagree. you call someone a bust if they dont live up to their status. they're a reach if they were taken too early given the info available at the time without the benefit of hindsight. even if cle balled out, he was always a reach. we took him way earlier than he deserved and we could have gotten value trading back before taking him

• Like 2

If Tannner Muse clears waivers sign him to the practice squad and play him at his natural position Box strong safety.  There is a very large miss chance in trying to convert a safety to linebacker.  If we play him at Box strong safety he could be a good backup for our Strong Safety in case he gets hurt and that's what the Practice is for to develop players.  He was over drafted he should have gone in round 5 as a DB.  I think Maycock heard rumblings that another team was considering and jumped on him.

17 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

are we getting better at FA? hard to know until we see what the defense actually looks like in real games. we thought we were good at FA because we signed Littleton. i remember when we were good at FA because we paired david amerson with sean smith.

I'm pretty happy with the defensive roster now. Of course it can get better, but this is the best its looked in years IMO. It's much more balanced than when we used to just rely on Mack. Though it would be amazing to have an elite DL player, especially an interior DL.

12 minutes ago, RaiderForLife said:

If Tannner Muse clears waivers sign him to the practice squad and play him at his natural position Box strong safety.  There is a very large miss chance in trying to convert a safety to linebacker.  If we play him at Box strong safety he could be a good backup for our Strong Safety in case he gets hurt and that's what the Practice is for to develop players.  He was over drafted he should have gone in round 5 as a DB.  I think Maycock heard rumblings that another team was considering and jumped on him.

lol lol...you're a new guy so i guess the board will let that slide

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

All I'm gonna say is LOL. 

Can't wait for this same post this time next year about the other S who never played LB that we drafted early to play LB despite perfectly adequate LBs still being on the board all because some jokers who haven't been remotely successful at drafting pr running a team "clearly liked what they saw" and we should trust them 100% because they obviously know best, duh!

The issue wasnt the positional conversion, it's drafting a terrible college player who's already 24 years old.

Deablo was actually a good player in college.

18 minutes ago, RaiderForLife said:

He was an awful safety at Clemson, stiff as a board.  Huge liability in any kind of pass coverage and don't trust him moving laterally at all.