Raiders waive LB Tanner Muse

RaidersAreOne

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

How do you know that? Gunther never got use him.

Make me outside when they drafted him that the plan was for him to basically be great on special teams and then eventually learn inside linebacker and weak side linebacker. After they're being rumors of him struggling in training camp digesting the defense(like basically everyone) he ends up injuring his toe and going on IR. 

What I'm referring to is how Paul Gunther didn't have an eye for what kind of players would fit well in his defense. That's what pissed me off about him and why it seems like all of the defensive acquisitions that we got while he was the DC didn't pan out. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Perryman tbh unless he really plays well. You’re not waiving Deablo cause unlike Muse he actually has talent and won’t make it through waivers. 

Why would Perryman who has played in this system...was 2nd best grade of MLBers last year..be moved and not the LBer who Morrow HAD BEAT OUT Kick Kwiatkoski...well

All I'm gonna say is LOL. 

Can't wait for this same post this time next year about the other S who never played LB that we drafted early to play LB despite perfectly adequate LBs still being on the board all because some jokers who haven't been remotely successful at drafting pr running a team "clearly liked what they saw" and we should trust them 100% because they obviously know best, duh!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

All I'm gonna say is LOL. 

Can't wait for this same post this time next year about the other S who never played LB that we drafted early to play LB despite perfectly adequate LBs still being on the board all because some jokers who haven't been remotely successful at drafting pr running a team "clearly liked what they saw" and we should trust them 100% because they obviously know best, duh!

Difference though in that case is the coordinator and linebacker coach that was here when he was drafted. 

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's my thing cutting the day two picks before they ever get a chance to play.  Because why did you draft them?

Because they liked what they saw (which raisea all sorts of questions) and nobody is a reach in the draft! 

We should've taken Pressley Harvin III in round 1 and converted him to DE just for the lols in that case.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

But that doesn't mean he didn't have a plan to develop him.

He was considered a 5th-7th round prospect by every draft nik and the main draft websites. We'll have 5 LB's on the active roster week 1 with KJ Wright, Denzel Perryman, Cory Littleton, Nick Kwiatokski, and Divine Deablo. In addition to having 2 LB's on IR that will likely be activated onto the active roster at some point this season in Nick Morrow (obviously) and Javin White (maybe). 

If clears waivers I'm assuming that Marquel Lee was brought in as a place holder and Muse will replace him on the practice squad. But either way it's hard to justify keeping Muse on the team when we already have Deablo who's a developmental LB that Gus Bradley drafted when we have 5 LB's in Perryman, Littleton, Kiatokski, and Morrow that can contribute for the team this year.  

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Because they liked what they saw (which raisea all sorts of questions) and nobody is a reach in the draft! 

We should've taken Pressley Harvin III in round 1 and converted him to DE just for the lols in that case.

I'm not sure what you're saying. I'm just saying that who are the coaches and that coaches credentials matter when a player is picked. 

3 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

So not only do we suck at drafting in the first round, we really just wasted two top 100 picks on project players switching positions. 😂Muse and Bowden both never played a regular season snap for us. Downright embarrassing.

The silver lining I can see is at least we didn't give the Steelers either of those 3rd round picks in a bad trade 😀 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Difference though in that case is the coordinator and linebacker coach that was here when he was drafted. 

Assistants come and go all the time. The bulk of the staff that made the pick are still around. 

It was a bad pick then. It's a bad pick now.  And ever using a day 2, top 100 pick to take a guy and convert him to a position he has never really played WILL ALWAYS BE A BAD USE OF A PICK NO MATTER WHAT.

14 minutes ago, lester said:

You guys have short memories..Both Gruden and Gunther last training camp said he wasen't impressive...and that White looked better...then he got hurt

Yeah I remember reading he was probably the worst player in camp last year, lol. Wasn't everyone crying about how bad he looked in the final preseason game?