Week 1: Chicago Bears vs Los Angeles Rams

MDY10

NFL FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!! Let’s talk some football!! 

Week 1 brings the Chicago Bears to LA on Sunday Night Football in the first game of the year. There will be fans FINALLY so hopefully it’s a loud and packed house in the new stadium. 

Rams are big favorites and tied for second biggest favorites in week 1 right now at -350 odds and are sitting at -7.5 on the spread. 

Honestly, I’m expecting at least a 10 point + victory. I’m not too worried about the bears offense but I’m definitely nervous to see how the Rams offense plays. Will it take a game or two to start gelling or will they fire right out the gate?? 

Players I’m most excited about: 

Offense: Stafford (obviously) but The Oline against a solid front 7 is what I’m most nervous about. Let’s hope Mcvay made the right call by not adding any players this off-season. 

Defense: 

Donald is the easy pick.. will he continue his DPOY run?? Aside from him I think I’m most excited to watch Fuller and how he handles having the green dot. There’s definitely a few players I’m curious about on defense. While I doubt they finish number 1 again, I think this unit will finish top 5 again. 

Final prediction: 34-10 LA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

31-17 Rams

Stafford 25/38 350 yards 2 TD

Henderson 50 rushing yards 1 TD

Michel 35 rushing yards

Kupp 6 rec 90 yards TD

Higbee 3 rec 40 yards TD

1 Defensive TD

Hopefully Floyd can have a monster game against his former team and it’ll free AD up a little. Man I’m excited for Sunday. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I feel like y'all are underestimating the Bears.

I think the Bears are going to be pretty bad this year but what I think people are underestimating is first game rust. Besides when the Colts trotted out a JV team in 2017, the Rams have had a lot of ugly openers. 

The other thing is historically our kryptonite offensively is a stout defensive line. We don't know what the offense will look like but if it is a lot of the same then I think it could be ugly for the first half. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I feel like y'all are underestimating the Bears.

Outside of Khalil Mack getting the best of Whitworth, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Dalton, with a better OL, RB, and WR group, through for 197YPG with a QBR of 53.8 against the NFC East. Allen Robinson will be taken out of the game with Ramsey and the right side of their O-Line is suspect as best.

Offensively, I think we may start slow, but by the 2Q I think Stafford really settles in and McVay opens up the offense. This should be a rout.

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

It's not because last year we were a top defense that this year will be the same. 

There’s no way I’m picking the Bears defense over the Rams. With AD and Jalen, I don’t see how they aren’t automatically in the top 10. Chicago’s secondary is NOT the same this year either. IMO that defense took a step back even though I think their front 7 is still good. 

28 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

There’s no way I’m picking the Bears defense over the Rams. With AD and Jalen, I don’t see how they aren’t automatically in the top 10. Chicago’s secondary is NOT the same this year either. IMO that defense took a step back even though I think their front 7 is still good. 

AD and Jalen are stud for sure...after that we have Darious Williams, Floyd, Fullar as good player and after that we have very average player. 

Bears have Mack, Smith  as a stud and then a bunch of good players Hicks, Goldman, Jones, Gibson,Jackson.

Only weakness are CB and they also have a good defensive bench.