Ups and downs Browns vs KC

Kiwibrown

Schwartz looks like he is a year away from really being ready, had one drop and nearly had another. One could have been a TD. 

Offensive line didnt play like the best in the league. 

Baker moved really well, that sacks vs Chris jones was Conklin just getting demolished. 

Up:

1.Schwartz’s ability to separate. 

2. Malik McDowell is legit. 

3. Our big money guys on D making clutch plays when it mattered most.

4. Offensive play calling

Down:

1. My confidence in Schwartz to make a catch without bobbling it first. 

2. Wills injury 

3. Gillan 

4. Defensive play calling

UP: 
1. Baker looked very comfortable 
2. All the TE's had a good game
3. Hunt and Chubb were rolling
4. McDowell was playing great

Down:
1. Still need to make a play on D when it is needed
2. Special teams wasn't very special
3. 3 plays that cost us the game. 
4. The Browns had the ball with a chance to win the game, they didn't. 

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

My confidence in Schwartz to make a catch without bobbling it first. 

First game since he was out almost all preseason and what not. Playing in arrow head. Kid looks legit tho. That 3rd drop hurt but the KC defender played it perfectly, which sucks 

Up.

1.  I had my doubts, but McDowell did in fact look legit. I’m excited to see how this plays out.

2. Baker played a really good game. The throw at the end was unfortunate, but stuff like that happens when you are forced to try to make plays.

3. Schwartz’s speed was as advertised.  But so were his hands…

4. Clowney and Myles looked NICE.  Mahomes is a pain in the *** lol.

5. Even with a loss, we looked like a legit squad.  

Down.

1.  Execution.  Can’t drop easy passes, fumble snaps, fumble the ball, throw pics, etc. and expect to win.

2. The ejection.  Like, I get it, maybe someone shoved you, but have some ******* composure.  I’d imagine he was the guy who was likely going to be guarding Kelce most of the game.  Kelce had 2 scores and he was in the locker room.

3. Wills injury.  Need him out there.  We stopped running left it seemed and his pass pro is solid af.

4. Letting Hill and Kelce do whatever they wanted. I understand those guys are going to make some great plays, but there were a number of times they were simply just open.  Make them make plays, not just catches.

5. we let them off the hook, plain and simple.

• Like 1

My ups and down.

Ups

you didn’t notice Newsome all game long, which is a good thing because it means he didn’t give up any big plays

Schwartz looked pretty good for a rookie with limited preseason. Should get better and better

The TEs looked hood all around. 

downs

You couldn’t tell that we supposedly improved our LBs. 

Wills getting hurt sucks

Woods scheme still sucked

( my hope was the defense scheme and LBs struggled cause it was KC)

DL not abuse the 3/5 rookies on the KC OL

I remember at one point the broadcast was saying that the browns were trying to do some of the things the Bucs did to KC in the SB but that KC had adjustments for it built in. Glad Wood was trying those things. Hopefully we just make a statement vs the Texans now

Ups:

1. The running game (minus 1 fumble) and offensive execution on 3rd/4th Down until the 4th Quarter

2. Baker, a 75% completion rate, big boy throws, etc. (Except the last one)

3. Kevin Stefanski. He came out with a fantastic gameplan and we executed at a high level until the end

4. Schwartz. Great game for a rookie in his debut, albeit he wants that last deep pass back. It's a tough catch, but he needs to make it

5. Njoku and Landry. Consistent, good production, great creative usage

Downs:

1. The ejection. You can't do that, period. I know that emotions are running high, but you can't put yourself in that position. It was clear to me that he was their TE and RB out of the backfield answer, and that killed us ALL DAY on key 3rd and longs and in the Red Zone

2. Turnovers. You can't go -3 and win many games in this league, especially with all 3 coming in the 2nd Half, giving them 10 points and the game

3. Letting their best players beat you. I know that those guys are awesome, but letting Mahomes AND Hill AND Kelce all beat you...can we at least take ONE of them out of the game?

4. 3rd Down defense...it's gotta improve plain and simple