Ups and downs Browns vs KC

Kiwibrown

Let's keep in mind that we clearly wanted the "burner" aspect that Schwartz brought to stretch those safeties, giving us major advantages running the ball and keeping those safeties back. It worked like a charm with Njoku and Landry in the intermediate game, and we ran all over them for 3 quarters. Higgins doesn't bring us any threat in that aspect, and our personnel decisions were clearly the right ones.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I still don’t get the Woods hate.

I’d have liked to have seen more focus on Hill and Kelce, but that’s nitpicking.

The defense was put in an awful position twice with the turnovers, you can’t do that against that offense.  The 75 yarder to Hill wasn’t really a scheme issue.  

Yeah, I'm still neutral towards Woods as of now. Defense wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either going up against one of the best offenses ever. And that's without Harrison and while our defense as a whole is trying to gel.

Like you said, we gave them a short field twice which resulted in 10 points. Then the bomb to Hill was just Hill making a great play.

I know KC isn't known for their running game, but our run defense looked pretty stout.

• Like 1

Up:

Malik McDowell is a dude, like eventual Pro Bowler good

Clowney was a factor

This offense is going to be really good 

Baker was locked in 

Down:

Jack Conklin was trash all game 

Defensive scheme as terrible (why was he so scared to play man coverage, why did he go all 2nd string the start of the second half, there were times the scheme had Walker covering Tyreek Hill, not enough JOK)

Stefanski in certain situations (Throwing deep to Schwartz when DPJ clearly is better at that and more experienced, they ran the ball with plenty of success, why go away from it? We should have run the ball 30+ times, we always get into these situations, we clearly are a running team and when we go away from it we always lose, I think we got too cute and got away from the game plan)

Edited by MSURacerDT55

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I'm still neutral towards Woods as of now. Defense wasn't great but it wasn't terrible either going up against one of the best offenses ever. And that's without Harrison and while our defense as a whole is trying to gel.

Yeah I’m not gonna pretend he’s great or anything, but there’s nothing from yesterday that was bad schematically tbh.

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Like you said, we gave them a short field twice which resulted in 10 points. Then the bomb to Hill was just Hill making a great play.

I know KC isn't known for their running game, but our run defense looked pretty stout.

Yep.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2021/09/browns-defensive-grades-vs-the-chiefs-who-was-elite-average-and-replaceable.html

SAFETY

M.J. Stewart: 68.8.

Richard LeCounte III: 62.0.

John Johnson III: 55.7.

Ronnie Harrison: 29.2.

LINEBACKER

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah: 69.5.

Anthony Walker: 59.6.

Sione Takitaki: 57.1.

Mack Wilson: 40.5.

Malcolm Smith: 29.6.

DEFENSIVE TACKLE

Malik McDowell: 83.0.

Malik Jackson: 67.0.

Jordan Elliott: 56.4.

Andrew Billings: 46.7.

Notable: McDowell graded above 71.0 in both run defense and tackling. Jackson graded 68.4 against the run and had four pressures.