CFB Week 3 Thread

MikeT14

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

That's to indicate where it was touched, not downed.

The first one was to show where it was touched at but that second one is to show where the ball was down. Could be wrong but thats my understanding also the same ref called it dead by waving his arm. Just a dumb play to be honest 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

The first one was to show where it was touched at but that second one is to show where the ball was down. Could be wrong but thats my understanding also the same ref called it dead by waving his arm. Just a dumb play to be honest 

So the ball bounced back on the bat but that 2nd bag was for where it was touched in case it rolled back at all. Refs do it all the time. And that ref had started to wave his arms but the Memphis kid scooped it literally a fraction of a second before and they rightfully let the play continue. The whistle itself never blew.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Joining a depleted Big XII isn’t going to entice Fickell to stay when there are reports that USC is ready to offer him that job.  That’s the level Fickell is at right now.  

He should be wanting to take Cincy to heights greater than where they were in 2009.

The ND fan in me would not like Fickell going to USC. That would be like Ryan Day leaving OSU without a national title, and going on to win one at Michigan. Or Matt LaFleur not winning a Super Bowl with the Packers, but winning one with the Bears.

Just now, pf9 said:

He should be wanting to take Cincy to heights greater than where they were in 2009.

The ND fan in me would not like Fickell going to USC. That would be like Ryan Day leaving OSU without a national title, and going on to win one at Michigan. Or Matt LaFleur not winning a Super Bowl with the Packers, but winning one with the Bears.

Cincy is already at their ceiling.  They are kings of the AAC, and now headed to the BigXII where they are going to be a medium fish in a bigger pond.  Fickell got them to that level, but he’s earned much more through this.