If Zimmer and Spielman Go...

39 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

So is it Zimmer, or Cousins, or both?

Gotta call aggressive plays for Kirk to be aggressive. A fullback pitch to Ham ain't it. While they have certainly taken a good deal of shots downfield, they've also run Dalvin into the rearend of Bradbury and the Guards more than I care to recount. 

I think Kirk has been conservative in the past because that's what Zimmer wanted. But I also think he's starting to realize that he can just chuck it up and let JJ and Adam compete for it, and he'll be alright. I don't think it gets much attention, but JJ is an inch taller, and has about a 3 inch higher vertical than Stefon Diggs had. Their wingspans are pretty similar, with Diggs having about .75 inch advantage there. So all things considered, Jefferson has a better catch radius than Diggs had. Maybe Kirk just feels a bit more comfortable letting him go up and get it. 

If Zimmer survives this season, I’d like to see George Edwards brought back as the defensive coordinator, maybe possibly bringing back Jerry Gray as the defensive coordinator. Andre Patterson is a great d-line coach, but something has clearly been missing on the defensive side of the ball since the team shook up the coaching staff following 2019.

Even if Zimmer is let go, bringing back Edwards or Gray as the defensive coordinator would probably be my top choice for a new staff. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:56 AM, SemperFeist said:

There’s a few coaches I’d want to retain. 

I could probably name a few...Ryan Ficken would be the first that would come to mind.  He's done a significantly better job than Maloof did...which probably means he's taken more from what Priefer taught him and brought that back.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I could probably name a few...Ryan Ficken would be the first that would come to mind.  He's done a significantly better job than Maloof did...which probably means he's taken more from what Priefer taught him and brought that back.  

Ficken, McCardell, and Janocko would be easy decisions to keep for me. Polamalu and Rauscher (back as an assistant) would also be offensive coaches I’d keep. Patterson as d-line coach/asst HC is also a guy I’d very much try to keep. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Why, may I ask?

And that’s just a few entries. Overall, he just seems to get it. He understands what is important, what leads to winning, and why winning teams consistently stay winners. I like seeing his comments about the importance of building a winning culture, not just trying to follow the trend of the week.  Also, if you go back far enough on his Twitter page, there are enough entries about prospects that also lead me to believe that he’s a solid talent evaluator. 

Actions speak louder than words, and so far words are all that Riddick has to offer at this point. But, at this point, I’d rather see if Riddick can turn those words into actions and take a chance. Rather than keep what we’ve had, or go with another unknown. 

As of right now, Dodds and Riddick would be my top targets for the GM spot. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2