If Zimmer and Spielman Go...

I appreciate it.  While I certainly know the name as it's been bandied about, honestly, haven't paid much attention to him or watched him speak.  It should be noted however (and I imagine a lot of people around here may have forgotten), that Spielman was hired out of the media as well (of course, Spielman was only in it for a year).  But, it will be something to pay attention to should the Wilfs decide to move on.  

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Does Riddick have any actual front office or scouting experience or is he mostly an armchair GM at this point that gets paid to be? 

He has some front office experience, but never has been an actual GM.  So, he's not Mike Mayock, but he's not Spielman either (who had a 1-yr shot as GM with the Dolphins).  

40 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Does Riddick have any actual front office or scouting experience or is he mostly an armchair GM at this point that gets paid to be? 

Director of Pro Personal from 2010-2013 with Philadelphia. As well as Washington from 2005-2007. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Riddick get a GM job, and hire Doug Pederson as his head coach. 

That would certainly make sense.  Riddick got his start as a Joe Gibbs guy (although technically he was initially hired during the Marty Schottenheimer season) and then entered the Eagles during the latter stages of the Reid era.   

57 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I'd trade for Tomlin, Harbaugh, McVay, or Payton

There's not a chance in hell I'd trade for Payton.  Of that list, I'd probably only be willing to trade for Tomlin because of the cost associated with it, the fact that he's still only 49 years old (which is kind of mind-boggling) and we personally already know him.  Otherwise, I'm not sure that there is another HC out there that I'd be willing to trade for...well, scratch that, I'd probably trade for Stefanski...I know he's having a tough year this year, but over the long haul, I'd bet on him to be successful.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

There's not a chance in hell I'd trade for Payton.  Of that list, I'd probably only be willing to trade for Tomlin because of the cost associated with it, the fact that he's still only 49 years old (which is kind of mind-boggling) and we personally already know him.  Otherwise, I'm not sure that there is another HC out there that I'd be willing to trade for...well, scratch that, I'd probably trade for Stefanski...I know he's having a tough year this year, but over the long haul, I'd bet on him to be successful.

Payton is an asshat, but he's a great offensive mind.