The Taylor Heinecke Thread

lavar703

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

His throws were largely not "on target". Could be a factor. 

Heinicke definitely needs to work on when to lead his receivers.  There were probably a half dozen passes that Terry & company had to reach back for, which really kills YAC.

Edited by noptov52
  • Like 2

On 9/19/2021 at 9:56 PM, noptov52 said:

Heinicke definitely needs to work on when to lead his receivers.  There were probably a half dozen passes that Terry & company had to reach back for, which really kills YAC.

I’m hoping that gets better as he plays more w/ these WRs. His accuracy has been more like Case Keenum and less like Kirk Cousins or Alex Smith, who may take less chances but usually their passes were very accurate & players got a lot of yac.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m choosing to ride this train as long as it goes.  It’s just a fun story, Dude was studying for exams and out of the league when we called him.  Also do you know how much of a win it would be to pick up a decent QB off the street and spend no draft capital obtaining one?  We could just continue to fill out the rest of the roster with high draft picks.  Also there’s just something likable about this guy.  He’s not the overdrafted arrogant Griffin.  Hes not the incredibly boring Jason Campbell. He’s not the preachy Cousins (who I use to support but in the covid era have turned full force against). He’s not some boring retread like Brunel or McNabb.  We gave this guy a shot.  He’s our story.  I’m hoping it has a happy ending.

agreed misha collins GIF

• Like 2

Look, I don't want to overthink this, but it's fun. He's been learning and it could be there is something to him that just puts it together late. Taylor Heinicke could be a late bloomer and while it doesn't happen often, it does happen. My only fear is we commit to Heinicke and he starts to flatten out but there is a certain energy he is bringing to this team.

• Like 1

I'm trying to not get overhyped cause it's clear he has an average arm . He's stricly anticipation and timing and a spot thrower. Can that be a successful NFL QB . IDK, name me a few to do that way . I always think Joe Montana. He didn't really have a rifle either , but a great Q B  !

28 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Not sure if someone posted it and I missed it but here's another little factoid to lay on the fire.

Heinicke has completed more passes than anyone in NFL history over their first three career starts.

I remember hearing that on the radio. That’s pretty impressive. We need it to continue…

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Don’t want to be too much of a wet blanket, but I have to point out that he’s also thrown more passes than any QB in NFL history through his first 3 starts...

Always the lawyers, man. (*)

(*) seriously though, thanks for the other side of the coin. I always like to be aware of it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Always the lawyers, man. (*)

(*) seriously though, thanks for the other side of the coin. I always like to be aware of it.

Absolutely. I’ll get the invoice to you ASAP for that insight, and when you see the cost, just remember it’s always the friends and family rate for you, my guy 👍🏼

Interesting comparison that popped up when I looked at the top guys in first-three-start completions: Billy Volek, formerly of the early 2000s Tennessee Titans. He came in for McNair and lit things up in his first few starts back in 2004. He was 28 and only had one career start at that point. He was a bit of a sensation there for that season, but eventually McNair returned and he went back to the bench. They ended up trading him to the Chargers (for a 6th) and he was the backup to Philip Rivers for a lot of years. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

Absolutely. I’ll get the invoice to you ASAP for that insight, and when you see the cost, just remember it’s always the friends and family rate for you, my guy 👍🏼

Interesting comparison that popped up when I looked at the top guys in first-three-start completions: Billy Volek, formerly of the early 2000s Tennessee Titans. He came in for McNair and lit things up in his first few starts back in 2004. He was 28 and only had one career start at that point. He was a bit of a sensation there for that season, but eventually McNair returned and he went back to the bench. They ended up trading him to the Chargers (for a 6th) and he was the backup to Philip Rivers for a lot of years. 

I’ll still stay w/ my Theismann, Romo, Flutie comp! I’m gonna stay hopeful no matter how unrealistic it may be! 😂