The Taylor Heinecke Thread

lavar703

336 yards, 2 TDs, 73.9% completions and a 99 passer rating would’ve been 15th best? Week 1 QB play must’ve been insane. Not only that but ESPN QBR gave his Giant game performance a 35.8 which is horrible. I just don’t get it? What more was he supposed to do lol

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

336 yards, 2 TDs, 73.9% completions and a 99 passer rating would’ve been 15th best? Week 1 QB play must’ve been insane. Not only that but ESPN QBR gave his Giant game performance a 35.8 which is horrible. I just don’t get it? What more was he supposed to do lol

QBR is a weird metric.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Not throw the int to Bradberry that nearly cost us the game w/ 2 min left. He had Gibby wide open in the flat and Terry had picked Tae Crowder who was try to run out to cover him, if Heinicke  throws that pass instead it’s arguably a top 5 performance.

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Not throw the int to Bradberry that nearly cost us the game w/ 2 min left. He had Gibby wide open in the flat and Terry had picked Tae Crowder who was try to run out to cover him, if Heinicke  throws that pass instead it’s arguably a top 5 performance.

Yeah but you can’t trash an entire performance because of one bad throw. Not to mention the drive to get us in field goal range was one good throw after another. Look, I know this ride is most likely going to come to and end in flaming disaster where the whole thing burns down but when he’s playing like this they need to at least give him his due. Not use some arbitrary statistic they made up. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah but you can’t trash an entire performance because of one bad throw. Not to mention the drive to get us in field goal range was one good throw after another. Look, I know this ride is most likely going to come to and end in flaming disaster where the whole thing burns down but when he’s playing like this they need to at least give him his due. Not use some arbitrary statistic they made up. 

We’re on the same page, I was just saying. 😉

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think Nap is saying Allen would get to play if Heinicke starts performing poorly bc defenses figure out how to defend him I’ve over the next few weeks. Then, enter Allen who is healthy enough to play now. So, he’d get one more chance to prove he can be more than a back up - just like Heinicke is getting now - so, Allen would get that chance it wouldn’t be about his injury now, bc he’s healthy enough to play and is just one play away from playing.

Yes, and I said that I agreed that Fitz wouldn't see the field ... unless Allen got hurt again (i.e. they went to Heinicke, benched him due to poor play, went to Allen, and then Allen got hurt).

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yep, can you explain it? Bc I’ve never had anyone be able to explain to me how the hell it’s made up! 😂 And when you can’t explain it, it’s BS!

The underlying algorithm is not fully published because they want to keep it in house. It's partially based on when a play happens and what the score is when it happens.

So, the TD to McLaurin was worth less than the TD to Seals-Jones. I think.

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

The underlying algorithm is not fully published because they want to keep it in house. It's partially based on when a play happens and what the score is when it happens.

So, the TD to McLaurin was worth less than the TD to Seals-Jones. I think.

Thanks. That’s BS as we’ve said bc the throw to RSL doesn’t happen w/o the throw to JD to get us into scoring position…

So IMO arguably, the throw to McKissic was more important! Thus, it’s a BS stat! 😂 

I’m choosing to ride this train as long as it goes.  It’s just a fun story, Dude was studying for exams and out of the league when we called him.  Also do you know how much of a win it would be to pick up a decent QB off the street and spend no draft capital obtaining one?  We could just continue to fill out the rest of the roster with high draft picks.  Also there’s just something likable about this guy.  He’s not the overdrafted arrogant Griffin.  Hes not the incredibly boring Jason Campbell. He’s not the preachy Cousins (who I use to support but in the covid era have turned full force against). He’s not some boring retread like Brunel or McNabb.  We gave this guy a shot.  He’s our story.  I’m hoping it has a happy ending.

• Like 3