2021 Week Three GDT Steelers vs the Bengals!

Steeler Hitman

Will Da Steelers do enough to beat the Bengals?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins? Steelers or Bengals

• Yes, Steelers rebound at home and offense does just enough to win.
    • No, the Bengals win and further humiliate a struggling Steelers offense

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I have no particular love for Ben or Tomlin right now, but I do think its comical youve spent years personally attacking people who didnt hate Tomlin as much as you and labeling them as "fanboys", when Ive never seen anyone fanboy for Tomlin the way you fanboy for Ben.     Anytime people blame Ben for anything, you throw a hissy fit and try to blame Tomlin.

I dont really care....but so long as you realize you're a laughable hypocrite and always have been.

Ben is playing like garbage, but if after a decade and a half people don't think Tomlin has heavy input on the offense, they are very much in the potted plant school of thought.

And it's been great watching you slowly over the years stop just short of adopting my opinion of Tomlin without admitting that maybe that guy had a point. Really, it's been swell. We only had to waste over half a decade, but you've gotten here.

Speaking of always being right, I remember getting plenty of flack for suggesting that the team should keep Javon Hargrave, who was pretty darn dependable, over the oft-injured Tuitt. Now here we are again with a significant chunk of cap space sitting on its fat *** after missing all organized team activities throughout the off-season.

Hargrave last night was just about the only Eagle who showed up and gave the Cowboys fits. Sure could use that next to Heyward right about now.

Even if Tuitt returns, we'll be lucky if he plays himself into shape by week 15. Because $15 mil a year doesn't buy you much these days.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

we have to be close to the top of wish list for A-rod if he becomes available..only thing that would give him pause is the O-line, but we have a offseason to work on it

Unless they cut him, we arent getting him.

The Steelers would actually have the cap space and, from the looks of things, the draft capital. They look like they'll be drafting top 10 right now. If not top 10. And the Packers probably won't be looking to get a QB so a team without a premium top 3 or top 5 pick has a chance if they're offering more picks in total. I still think the Packers fight to keep him and there's always a chance this is the year the Packers cash in.

If Rodgers gets Tomlin fired like McCarthy, he'll go down in my Steelers pantheon. It would be an interesting relationship as Rodgers reportedly felt McCarthy was beneath him. Too stupid for his liking.

Edited by CKSteeler

36 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

What evidence do you have of that?

???

Evidence only exists for events that have already occured.

This is educated speculation.

The Packers will likely trade him.  Some team will likely give up two 1st round picks...perhaps more.   If you think the Steelers are getting into a high stakes bidding war for ANY 39 year old QB, youre obviously not that familiar with this team.

I could see Tombert being up for this one. Rodgers has shown no sign of decline yet physically and Tom Brady is still going strong at his age. They have the defense that they feel is Super Bowl caliber and for once, they'll have the resources to make a big splash. If you could get 4 years out of Rodgers, which isn't out of the question, that trade is worth taking a shot at a high pick rookie who probably won't give you a chance at a ring for a minimum of 2-3 years.

It isn't how they've traditionally done business, but they've shown in the last half decade or so that when they actually have the resources available, they'll make moves now. They're more willing to trade draft picks and more willing to look to FA when possible for key contributors.

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

???

The Packers will likely trade him.  Some team will likely give up two 1st round picks...perhaps more.   If you think the Steelers are getting into a high stakes bidding war for ANY 39 year old QB, youre obviously not that familiar with this team.

If Colbert and Tomlin stay, I actually think they would make a run...they have cap room and I would say above average overall weapons. I’m guessing the defense would still be above average next year as well.

Im not sure what his contract is after that restructure that occurred before season.

Just now, CKSteeler said:

I could see Tombert being up for this one. Rodgers has shown no sign of decline yet physically and Tom Brady is still going strong at his age. They have the defense that they feel is Super Bowl caliber and for once, they'll have the resources to make a big splash. If you could get 4 years out of Rodgers, which isn't out of the question, that trade is worth taking a shot at a high pick rookie who probably won't give you a chance at a ring for a minimum of 2-3 years.

It isn't how they've traditionally done business, but they've shown in the last half decade or so that when they actually have the resources available, they'll make moves now. They're more willing to trade draft picks and more willing to look to FA when possible for key contributors.

I agree. I actually think it’s likely they would go after him....whether they would get him is another.

58 minutes ago, AFF said:

If Colbert and Tomlin stay, I actually think they would make a run...they have cap room and I would say above average overall weapons. I’m guessing the defense would still be above average next year as well.

Im not sure what his contract is after that restructure that occurred before season.

Giving up two first round picks...which could potentially be an early one in 2022...on top of his contract, which will eat up alot of that free cap room, for a 39 YO QB?

Doesn't seem very likely.

I think they would INQUIRE....just like theyve done for players in the past but never came close to (they reportedly were interested in Khalil Mack a few years ago).

However, I could see a team offering an insane amount.  I just dont see us going all in.  Nothing this team has ever done tells me they would.

11 hours ago, 43M said:

???

I mean, if you want to get technical you made a definitive statement in regards to speculation so me asking what evidence you have logically makes sense. I don’t think it’s that likely but as one of the teams that will

a) probably be the most desperate for a QB this offseason

b) has the surrounding talent to compete for a SB

c) is potentially a preferred destination for Rodgers

d) will have the cap space to make it work

I think it’s far from a 0% chance. We are probably one of 6-8 teams that will even be in consideration which increases those chances. Main thing holding us back is lack of draft capital compared to a team like Dolphins or Eagles that could make a run at him.

Edited by bigben07MVP