Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jones has been average he just has the greatest coach in NFL History, a strong run game, and an elite defense to lean on. 

If you put Jones on the Bears or Jaguars, do you think he would've played well?

I have zero idea how he would look in a different situation. People thought Gase was holding Darnold back and that he’d thrive in Carolina under Brady with those weapons and well look at him, still awful.

I think good players will find ways to produce regardless of circumstances, you’ll at least see signs of quality play. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I have zero idea how he would look in a different situation. People thought Gase was holding Darnold back and that he’d thrive in Carolina under Brady with those weapons and well look at him, still awful.

I think good players will find ways to produce regardless of circumstances, you’ll at least see signs of quality play. 

Are we comparing rookies to a guy who had several years in the NFL and continued showing the same mistakes over multiple years with no signs of improvement?

Are we also saying Lawrence and Fields (and surely Wilson should be included) have shown no signs of quality play?

Just now, .Buzz said:

Are we comparing rookies to a guy who had several years in the NFL and continued showing the same mistakes over multiple years with no signs of improvement?

Are we also saying Lawrence and Fields (and surely Wilson should be included) have shown no signs of quality play?

I’m saying we can always blame what’s around a player, even in bad situations you should be able see a guy show his signs of progress. Darnold was just a prime example of people blaming the coach when the player was just bad/didn’t improve. 

As for the second point you read what I said. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m saying we can always blame what’s around a player, even in bad situations you should be able see a guy show his signs of progress. Darnold was just a prime example of people blaming the coach when the player was just bad/didn’t improve. 

As for the second point you read what I said. 

I mean, I think most who didn’t have any skin in the game who actually watched Darnold could see he was trash. 

Good, just wanted to confirm.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Jones has looked the best, Wilson has trended in the right direction and been playing the best of them all lately. 

Lance has barely played but looks decent enough when out there. 

Lawrence looks bad

Fields is awful. 

Any qb would look bad with the talent we have at the skill positions

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Kind of want to change the title to, "Jags looking like a bad beat for Trevor Lawrence" 

Kind of think the title should change to “3 of the 5 rookie QBs taken in round 1 are busts” tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

Look at the two Buffalo games. In the game that he only had to pass the ball 3 times, they won. In the game that he actually had to make plays to keep them in it, they lost, just like they lost to the Colts the week before. And for how great Mac is, the Patriots still might not even make the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Dalan162 said:

Mac Jones was the 5th QB selected last draft. Most people were wondering if he was a starter. This season prove he was at least an average starter. 

Was that really a concern people had? I talked about this a lot with @N4Lwhen all the rumors about the 49ers having traded up for Mac came out, and I thought it was beyond obvious that of QBs 2-the end of the draft, he was the most likely to get a second contract as a starter in this league, and by a significant margin. The question for him should have never been can it make it in the league, but rather how far apart his ceiling and floor could be. It’s always been — for me, at least — does he have traits that can elevate him over the Dalton line, or is he destined to repeat Dalton’s career trajectory.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The only reason that people thought Darnold would bounce back was because of Ryan Tannehill. The Panthers offensive line was terrible, Joe Brady was fired midseason, and they were without McCaffery for basically the entire season. Are DJ Moore and Robby Anderson elite weapons?

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Was that really a concern people had? I talked about this a lot with @N4Lwhen all the rumors about the 49ers having traded up for Mac came out, and I thought it was beyond obvious that of QBs 2-the end of the draft, he was the most likely to get a second contract as a starter in this league, and by a significant margin. The question for him should have never been can it make it in the league, but rather how far apart his ceiling and floor could be. It’s always been — for me, at least — does he have traits that can elevate him over the Dalton line, or is he destined to repeat Dalton’s career trajectory.

I think some people were concerned if his game would translate because he just played on such stacked teams at Alabama. But I always thought he'd be at least an average starter, he has been better this year then I thought he'd be. I think that he can elevate over the average QB line if the Patriots get more weapons in the passing game, their WR group is pretty average. They need a true alpha dog #1.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Look at the two Buffalo games. In the game that he only had to pass the ball 3 times, they won. In the game that he actually had to make plays to keep them in it, they lost, just like they lost to the Colts the week before. And for how great Mac is, the Patriots still might not even make the playoffs.

The Patriots already clinched a playoff spot, homie.

And limiting your sample to JUST the Buffalo games is laughable. 

Just now, Apparition said:

The Patriots already clinched a playoff spot, homie.

And limiting your sample to JUST the Buffalo games is laughable. 

Oh yeah you are correct, hopefully they get Kansas City to start. 

What about the Saints, Cowboys, and Colts games? 

Mac's wins have come against the Jets (2x), Texans, Chargers (good win), Panthers, Browns (no one playing), Falcons, Titans (no one playing), Bills (3 passes), and Jaguars.