trade bryant?

3rivers

5 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I'd trade Bryant in a heartbeat for 49ers Safety Eric Reid.  Reid was just converted to Weakside LB so obviously he isn't in their long term plans.  Yes this is a contract year for him but we could possibly get a hell of a steal in getting Reid.  Imagine Reid, Davis, Wilcox and Mitchell as your Safeties.  That would give you so much flexibility.  People think 49ers don't want him for talent reasons or lack thereof but I think it's because he speaks his mind regarding Kaepernick.  Thoughts?

I*'m with your on this, Reid was highly regarded when he turned pro, and we need help in the secondary. I still would prefer a CB, so who would Armsteeld try to get if we want a CB?

Here we are thinking of upgrading the secondary, but do we forget where we are ranked in pass D? I know.... we could be an injury away from playing zones and getting torched. I never knew we would be quite as good as we appear to be, but why not get better and be safe sedate an injury away. I still think a CB would be good but FS would help too.

1 hour ago, Displayname said:

Burns playing well, Haden playing well, and Hilton being a surprise. I would rather try for a FS if a trade happens. Maybe throw Mitchell in with it

Yup.  Agreed.  And a real FS, not a SS/WLB pretending to be a FS.

1 hour ago, 95lloyd said:

Yawn all you like it's still a fact lol

Sorry but there's nothing factual about it.  There was a time you could say guys caught doing drugs or breaking the law would be released or not signed by the Steelers but that's not the case any more.  If a guy who kneeled for another team and had talent in a position we needed it's certainly probable the Rooney's would make a trade.   

I'm trying to figure out why a 2ND thread was needed discussing the same topic.  

Id be interested in the possibility of trading him for Sammy Watkins, even if it is only for a rest of this season rental. Sammy can be that quick hitter slant in that this team has often used and also has the ability to take the top off of coverage. He could be the #3 or 4 but I believe he could also be used as an explosive return possibility, especially on kickoffs. I don't think he has really done it since college but he is quite capable. 

13 hours ago, JDLefebvre said:

Sorry but there's nothing factual about it.  There was a time you could say guys caught doing drugs or breaking the law would be released or not signed by the Steelers but that's not the case any more.  If a guy who kneeled for another team and had talent in a position we needed it's certainly probable the Rooney's would make a trade.   

I'm trying to figure out why a 2ND thread was needed discussing the same topic.  

Given the fall out from the Steelers not taking the field for the anthem in Chicago you really think the Steelers would trade for a guy who takes a knee every time the anthem is played?  Not one Steeler player has taken a knee during the anthem.  No way they trade for a guy like Reid and open themselves to that ridicule.

1 hour ago, 95lloyd said:

Given the fall out from the Steelers not taking the field for the anthem in Chicago you really think the Steelers would trade for a guy who takes a knee every time the anthem is played?  Not one Steeler player has taken a knee during the anthem.  No way they trade for a guy like Reid and open themselves to that ridicule.

It's all moot since it's not going to happen....  but bringing someone in who has kneeled doesn't mean they would kneel, or that most fans even know he has kneeled....   It's not like we'd bring in a guy convicted and known for fighting dogs or killing dogs to enrage Steeler nation... oh wait...  and Vick wasn't even that talented anymore.  ;)

But I get your point....  so much in and out of the news about the NFL I still believe if the need and talent were there at and fair price a deal would be made.  

12 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Id be interested in the possibility of trading him for Sammy Watkins, even if it is only for a rest of this season rental. Sammy can be that quick hitter slant in that this team has often used and also has the ability to take the top off of coverage. He could be the #3 or 4 but I believe he could also be used as an explosive return possibility, especially on kickoffs. I don't think he has really done it since college but he is quite capable. 

JPN, nice avatar BTW , wondering where you have beeno.O Never thought of a trade WR for WR, but Like your view but is this even possible with Watkins being traded?  What CB would you realistically trade for?

Archived