SNF GB @ SF

Sad People

Who wins?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Packers
    • Niners

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/27/2021 at 12:30 AM

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Really? I dunno man. I'll defer to the rest of FF, you all decide...

I actually go the other way - I think that they viewed him as attempting to throw the ball to a valid receiver (say Kittle) when he was hit and driven back while in the process of throwing the ball, which altered the trajectory. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The biggest question I would have on Lance is whether or not he can handle pre snap checks and the like. We are already running an offense that is ostensibly designed to insulate a young QB 

The problem is Jimmy G is a game manager.  He's not going to lose you a game, but he's also not a guy who is going to win you a game either.  He's going to keep you in it.  Which usually only works when you're playing with a lead.  There's a lot more volatility with regards to Trey Lance.  He's far more likely to make those mistakes that cost you the game.

Just now, Forge said:

I actually go the other way - I think that they viewed him as attempting to throw the ball to a valid receiver (say Kittle) when he was hit and driven back while in the process of throwing the ball, which altered the trajectory. 

There was really no attempt to get it to a receiver.  It was a spike for all intents and purposes.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is Jimmy G is a game manager.  He's not going to lose you a game, but he's also not a guy who is going to win you a game either.  He's going to keep you in it.  Which usually only works when you're playing with a lead.  There's a lot more volatility with regards to Trey Lance.  He's far more likely to make those mistakes that cost you the game.

Jimmy G is the embodiment of playing not to lose rather than trying to win.You put him in in hopes that the other team blows it 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

F does that have to do with anything? First of all they're different penalties, secondly I didn't like the DPI either but ok

It was a joke, my man. I have no idea why they didn't call grounding. Just wanted to mock that terrible DPI call.

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Lol just saw the replay. Unless the wr is the guard your tripping. Lol

See page 12 for the punchline of the joke.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There was really no attempt to get it to a receiver.  It was a spike for all intents and purposes.

From the top angle, he was definitely in the motion of throwing it. If he gets hit and driven back as he was, it's hard to subjectively interpret where the ball was going or what the intent was. If him getting hit at the time of throwing is a valid reason to excuse a grounding penalty, then I definitely get it. 

• Like 1