the Jaguars should fire Urban Meyer immediately

Apparition

They won't but they should. And the reasons why are obvious.

He's clearly not up to the task of coaching at the NFL level. There are already rumblings that he's looking to bolt for USC at the first opportunity he gets. Players appear to be unhappy with his coaching style.
Rather than allow things to continue spiraling under him, possibly culminating in another Bobby Petrino-in-Atlanta type disaster, the Khans should just cut their losses and let him go back to the college level so they don't let the development of their franchise-saving rookie QB be retarded for a full year. Let Darrel Bevell try his hand at being a head coach for a while, and if it doesn't work, then at worst you get a head start evaluating candidates for 2022. 

• Like 3

Just now, jrry32 said:

They hired Urban, so they need to let him see it through.

Geez, imagine if all jobs worked like that. 
Seems like the only places you have any kind of security, regardless of performance or qualification is at the highest echelons. 
Really dinks ur donk. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Geez, imagine if all jobs worked like that. 
Seems like the only places you have any kind of security, regardless of performance or qualification is at the highest echelons. 
Really dinks ur donk. 

I think most jobs accept that there is a transitional period for new employees where they learn and improve.

• Like 11

Never liked the hire and I'm sure a high number of others felt the same way. 

I don't know. I'm not really a fan of firing someone partially through their first year, but I certainly wouldn't bag on them if they did. If they truly feel that they have enough info to know that this is not working and will not work moving forward, then sure, whatever. Better to move on. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Never liked the hire and I'm sure a high number of others felt the same way. 

I don't know. I'm not really a fan of firing someone partially through their first year, but I certainly wouldn't bag on them if they did. If they truly feel that they have enough info to know that this is not working and will not work moving forward, then sure, whatever. Better to move on. 

I don't know how you make that determination after three games, unless the locker room has already quit on him. I did not like the hire either. I thought it was a mistake. But you have to let him see the season through, barring him completely losing the team.

• Like 2

Just now, jrry32 said:

I don't know how you make that determination after three games, unless the locker room has already quit on him. I did not like the hire either. I thought it was a mistake. But you have to let him see the season through, barring him completely losing the team.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you feel comfortable with the info at 3 weeks, but if they do, they do. Generally, when I see teams make that kind of aggressive decision, I just figure that there is something big enough there to warrant it that I don't know about it. I do think that teams aren't aggressive enough, but 3 weeks seems a bit rash lol