Week 4: Indianapolis Colts (0-3) @ Miami Dolphins (1-2)

TheKillerNacho

Week 4: IND @ MIA  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Who scores the most fantasy points in this game?

• Jacoby Brissett
    • Carson Wentz
    • Myles Gaskin
    • Malcolm Brown
    • Jonathan Taylor
    • Nyheim Hines
    • DeVante Parker
    • Jaylen Waddle
    • Will Fuller
    • Michael Pittman
    • Zach Pascal
    • Parris Campbell
    • Mike Gesicki
    • Adam Shaheen
    • Jack Doyle
    • Mo Alie-Cox
    • Jason Sanders
    • Rodrigo Blankenship
    • Dolphins DST
    • Colts DST

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:00 PM

When does Flores get the Hot Seat? Gase and Sporano at least made the playoffs in their first years, this is Flores’ 3rd year? Nothing but major regression at this point, poor o-line scouting, defense, aside from the corners, are being made to eat white dog poo. Instead of focusing on improving the run game this offseason and getting us a true RB1 and a solid O-Line which would help Tua, we trade for a LB who gets cut befor the season starts, release the C we all thought would start as well as lose our starting C from last year who was pretty good, then we draft a speedy WR who is super versatile that is averaging 8 YPC. Can’t get it to the WR if you don’t have time to throw the ball! How many years does it take? This double Offensive coordinator thing is NOT WORKING, either fire one or fire both and let Charlie Fry do it or something. Anything would be better than what we have basically.

Edited by Jdolphins18

16 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

In case anyone had delusions of Jacoby not being a downgrade from Tua, this game should change your mind.

Anemic offense.

Without a doubt.  It reminded me of watching the Cleo Lemon days.  So bad.

6 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

When does Flores get the Hot Seat? Gase and Sporano at least made the playoffs in their first years, this is Flores’ 3rd year? Nothing but major regression at this point, poor o-line scouting, defense, aside from the corners, are being made to eat white dog poo. Instead of focusing on improving the run game this offseason and getting us a true RB1 and a solid O-Line which would help Tua, we trade for a LB who gets cut befor the season starts, release the C we all thought would start as well as lose our starting C from last year who was pretty good, then we draft a speedy WR who is super versatile that is averaging 8 YPC. Can’t get it to the WR if you don’t have time to throw the ball! How many years does it take? This double Offensive coordinator thing is NOT WORKING, either fire one or fire both and let Charlie Fry do it or something. Anything would be better than what we have basically.

I have been a big supporter of Flo, but man, he's not playing to win.  He's playing to "not lose".  Why the hell aren't we letting Sanders kick 50 yard FGs?  Dude is really good.  Wasn't he like 8 of 9 over 50 yards last year?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

Without a doubt.  It reminded me of watching the Cleo Lemon days.  So bad.

I have been a big supporter of Flo, but man, he's not playing to win.  He's playing to "not lose".  Why the hell aren't we letting Sanders kick 50 yard FGs?  Dude is really good.  Wasn't he like 8 of 9 over 50 yards last year?  

I have also been a vocal supporter of Flores and Grier, but their weaknesses are glaring this season.  Obviously Fitzmagic and amazing Defense overcame those weaknesses last season.

Flores' weakness; Inability to build an effective Offensive Coaching staff.  Defensive scheme revolves around 2 highly paid DB's which has only hindered the ability to bring in highly valued OLine talent.  Doesn't have enough credibility within the NFL coaching circles to build a highly respectable coaching staff.

Grier's weakness; failure to correctly read other teams draft valuations of OLine and RB's.  Continually tries to slide around the draft board to increase pick value which in reality has caused him to settle for developmental players instead of blue chip talents ( with a coaching staff that doesn't excel at developing talent ).  Doesn't have enough credibility within NFL coaching and management circles to bring in a top HC candidate.

Edited by Swampbilly
  • Like 1

Responsibility for Anemic offense lies with Flores for the mere fact he named co-OC’s. Clearly not the right decision. 

Depending on who is calling the shots on which players to draft, probably 75% Grier and 25% Flores, this team has healthy scratches a 1st round pick more than he has been active in the last 20 games. Not good. 

Auston Jackson is below average at best.  The O-Line is holding everything back. EVERYTHING. 

Grier is a master at moving around the draft board. He should let someone else pick players. 

I also remember reading all summer how people on this thread were saying Albert Wilson was due for a huge year. Ha. I suggested that the media relations was blowing up his name to make him look like someone who could return maybe a 3/4th round pick. He was a healthy scratch. 

Fuller hurt again. Now we will see Preston Williams.  Excited. He is productive when on the Field. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jdolphins18 said:

Can anyone tell me why Hunter Long isn’t seeing the field? Seems like another wasted pick already. I’m still really angry about that pick, there so many better options at C,G, OT, RB, I know a lot of you like the pick but me personally, I can’t stand it.

It wouldn't matter who we picked, it's obvious that Flores doesn't want rookies to get much playing time.  It frustrates me to no end because it just wastes a year of a drafted players 4 year clock.  We need 4 years of production, not 1 year of coddling a rookie and then hoping for 3 years of production.

I feel like part of Grier's draft strategy is " Player A is better than Player B, but Player B could be just as good as Player A after a year of coddling, so let's trade around and gamble that Player B will still be there next pick ".  The whole problem with that strategy is that we don't have a Coaching Staff in place that's great at developing Players.  I would estimate our DB development as better than average but every other position as below average.

Edited by Swampbilly