What should the Patriots do about their offensive line?

DoleINGout

Rather have Onwenu at guard than Wynn but I am probably in the minority there. 

Hoenstly, trade wont help. Guys aren't necessarily being beat consistently by one on one moves. It's the scheme throwing them off. A bit of that is on Mac to recognize the blitz, but given his experience level he is doing a GREAT job, just not the job we are used to seeing. The other piece is they aren't functioning well as a unit, which I imagine has a lot to do with a constantly shifting line up. I saw Karass out there for a few snaps on Sunday night FFS. 

I don't think you do anything tbo, the real confusion is why isn't Brown back in the lineup yet. He has practiced for a couple weeks I believe, they didn't put him on IR originally, etc. He must be close and they are just concerned about him having issues again. History would dictate he isn't going to stay on the field, that year with the Patriots was basically his only year playing 100%. 

My concern is really long term.. you've got Onwenu, Andrews, and Mason locked in for a couple years in the middle... but the tackle spot is suspect at best. Be prepared for a 1st round LT to be drafted next year, it seems inevitable. Start the LT of the future at RT for a year till Wynn leaves then find yourself a new RT to start alongside him.

4 hours ago, m haynes said:

Don't forget CB!!!  What I've  seen so far is that CB is loaded in the draft and WR has good but not great players

OL is 95% the 1st round pick .. assuming an amazingly talented defensive player doesn't fall to them. Hasn't every BB LT been a first rounder? Matt Light may have been an early 2nd, I don't remember.. pretty sure they at least traded up to get him. Don't be surprised to see a classic BB double dip at the position... maybe even a trade of Wynn if he levels out towards the later half of the season. If Trent Brown stays healthy the rest of the season.. and wants to stay here on a cheap deal.. I'm ok with it.. otherwise I want nothing to do with him.. the guy just can't stay healthy. 

Regarding CB, I have no idea how loaded the draft is but right now I'm hoping they can find a way to keep JC Jackson.. I think he's showing they can win with him as a top corner ( especially if they invest a high pick into another corner to play with him). They aren't making a run this year, so I'm personally hoping that a team gets desperate and trades a 2nd rounder for Gilmore as unlikely as that sounds. I'm super curious as to where they project Shaun Wade to play.. are they hoping for him to replace McCourty? Jones? Outside corner depth? etc. 

9 hours ago, Crimmage said:

OL is 95% the 1st round pick .. assuming an amazingly talented defensive player doesn't fall to them. Hasn't every BB LT been a first rounder? Matt Light may have been an early 2nd, I don't remember.. pretty sure they at least traded up to get him. Don't be surprised to see a classic BB double dip at the position... maybe even a trade of Wynn if he levels out towards the later half of the season. If Trent Brown stays healthy the rest of the season.. and wants to stay here on a cheap deal.. I'm ok with it.. otherwise I want nothing to do with him.. the guy just can't stay healthy. 

Regarding CB, I have no idea how loaded the draft is but right now I'm hoping they can find a way to keep JC Jackson.. I think he's showing they can win with him as a top corner ( especially if they invest a high pick into another corner to play with him). They aren't making a run this year, so I'm personally hoping that a team gets desperate and trades a 2nd rounder for Gilmore as unlikely as that sounds. I'm super curious as to where they project Shaun Wade to play.. are they hoping for him to replace McCourty? Jones? Outside corner depth? etc. 

I not so sure. SO far there is only one that stands out as a high 1st RD pick. The others have skill but not worth a high pick.  It's nothing like last year. That just my opinion at this time.  I'm looking at  Charles Cross Miss State. Raw but has the tools for the next level.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/charles-cross-mississippi-state-ot-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

PS  I see the Pats picking (top 10) high in the draft. If so, CB is the way to go or trade down in the 1st.