1. 1. GOTW

• (5-0) #4 Penn State at (5-0) #3 Iowa
    • (4-1) #14 Notre Dame at (3-1) Virginia Tech 7:30 EST ACCN
    • (4-1) #13 Arkansas at (3-1) #17 Ole Miss, Noon EST ESPN
    • (5-0) #6 Oklahoma at (4-1) #21 Texas, Noon EST ABC
    • (5-0) #2 Georgia at (4-1) #18 Auburn, 3:30 PM EST CBS
    • Other

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I refuse to believe it!! This cannot happen! 

Seriously though, a Bamaless playoff is what this world needs. UC loved this BTW. UGA beats Bama later in the year and UC wins out, it makes their path much easier

Rankings are going to be interesting but I still expect Alabama to beat Georgia, two SEC schools, etc. Who knows though, there could be chaos. I refuse to believe they are going to have a school like Oklahoma make the playoffs and the Georgia/Alabama loser get left out. One wrinkle  though I guess is if Georgia or Alabama either one happen to get upset at some point the rest of the regular season.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Rankings are going to be interesting but I still expect Alabama to beat Georgia, two SEC schools, etc. Who knows though, there could be chaos. I refuse to believe they are going to have a school like Oklahoma make the playoffs and the Georgia/Alabama loser get left out. One wrinkle  though I guess is if Georgia or Alabama either one happen to get upset at some point the rest of the regular season.

Just looked at OU's remaining schedule and it looks fairly easy. Bummer. I want them to lose bc they are getting lucky game after game. I'm fully on board with UGA this year but I thought Bama was unbeatable also so there's that lol. 

I do hope there's chaos though! I love the irony of it existing the year they decide they're sick of the same 6 teams always being there and expanding. 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Just looked at OU's remaining schedule and it looks fairly easy. Bummer. I want them to lose bc they are getting lucky game after game. I'm fully on board with UGA this year but I thought Bama was unbeatable also so there's that lol. 

I do hope there's chaos though! I love the irony of it existing the year they decide they're sick of the same 6 teams always being there and expanding. 

I don’t really care either way if Oklahoma makes the playoffs or not unless that means they screw Cincinnati over if they are also undefeated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I don’t really care either way if Oklahoma makes the playoffs or not unless that means they screw Cincinnati over if they are also undefeated.

I'm just ready for a UGA, Iowa, UC, and Oregon playoff bc why not? 

I don't want OU to make it simply bc of how they've looked although it simply won't matter bc UGA is just that much better

12 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Agreed.  Georgia is clearly #1, Iowa is clearly #2, and then you probably have Cincinnati at 3 and Oklahoma at 4.  I have to imagine that Alabama will be the highest ranked 1 loss team at 5 followed by Ohio State and Oregon.  Penn State could be anywhere between 6 and 9.  The top 10 are in some order Georgia, Iowa, Cincinnati, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Michigan, and Michigan State.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm just ready for a UGA, Iowa, UC, and Oregon playoff bc why not? 

I don't want OU to make it simply bc of how they've looked although it simply won't matter bc UGA is just that much better

Georgia and Alabama are going to be playing for the National Championship.  The other two teams are irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Georgia and Alabama are going to be playing for the National Championship.  The other two teams are irrelevant.

If Georgia beats Alabama though, I’m not sure mental gymnastics allows Alabama to advance without winning the conference and with two Ls.  With that said I fully expect Alabama to beat Georgia and both teams to make the playoffs. I was surprised how human Bama looked tonight though. They legitimately don’t look as good as Georgia right now and have some things to work out. I am sure they will get there though as they always do.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm still refusing to believe UGA will lose to them in the SEC championship lol. Like I said though, watching the committee get creative finding a way to get a 2 loss team in will be fun to watch

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If Georgia beats Alabama though, I’m not sure mental gymnastics allows Alabama to advance without winning the conference and with two Ls.  With that said I fully expect Alabama to beat Georgia and both teams to make the playoffs. I was surprised how human Bama looked tonight though. They legitimately don’t look as good as Georgia right now and have some things to work out. I am sure they will get there though as they always do.

We're not going to have a 2-loss conference non-champion make the playoffs.