Week 8: I Thought Hurricane Season Was Over

Bianconero

14 hours ago, jimbo1904 said:

2 missed  FG killed us. 

Ok one of them should of done it. We suck... We suck we suck.

The jets organization sucks for 40 years.

No way is this a coincidence..... If you look over the talent in the past 30 years.... What's the difference.....? Bench press? Speed....? No

Nothing from a player stand point... Nothing separates them except ****ty coaching and ****ty execution 

**** bad luck will give you as super bowl in 40 years..... But we can't even do that

We are just they ****ty of an organization. 

As you know I have been saying the same thing on this board for years, but if falls on deaf ears. The Jets franchise has been f(&^$ &^ for 47 years, except when Bill Parcells was here for a few years. What is the point of playing all these Vet guys that Mac has brought in to win maybe 4 or 5 games. None of Mac's offensive draft picks can make the playing field. Rob Anderson wasn't even a draft pick he was picked up off the street and has become a very productive player. Woody Johnson, Mac, & Bowles are not a formula for building a winning team.  

3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

my god does darron lee suck at everything. we need a legit ILB next year. davis has played very solid all season, lee is lost out there. 

I thought Lee made quite a few plays out there yesterday.  Not nearly as bad as you make it seem.  

We just went toe to toe with a highly talented team.  Despite their struggles the Falcons are loaded unlike the Jets talent pool.  

We played well but until we get competent QB play we are going to struggle.  McCown sucks and Petty/Hack suck even more.  Morton is doing all he can to keep the chains moving but eventually teams adjust and we don't have the overall talent to beat defenses 1 on 1.  Anderson seems like the only one capable of doing so.

We need a QB so bad and a healthy Q back.

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only we can go defense in Round 1 every year and have nothing to show for it. Not a good game from anyone on defense. Leo was the closest thing and he has what 1 sack through 8 games? 

What game were you watching? Do you mean Wilkerson? 

17 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

You guys are really happy with the way the Jets lost those last 2 games? For real?

I wish I worked for some of you guys.

That is what happens to your brain with 47 years of losing. They find comfort in losing close games.  I sure don't

14 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

That is what happens to your brain with 47 years of losing. They find comfort in losing close games.  I sure don't

Probably the opposite of this. They haven’t endured enough.

beating some bad teams really put the wrong label on this squad. They aren’t good. There’s still a lot of losing left though

I don't know, maybe this is the best-case scenario right now: we are proving we can play with anyone, our offense has been way better than expected, even if only mediocre, and we're still losing games (which is what most people here wanted this season to begin with). 

I think it's a lot better to be losing games with strong offense led by a coordinator who seems to have a clue, than to be losing games with a complete bleep-show if we gave the ball to Hackenberg. 

I think the problem right now lies with the underperforming defense, which has been a theme for us since Rex Ryan's early days. I think that in and of itself should be grounds for Bowles' dismissal. That and very questionable clock management.

I think we are headed in the right direction, though. Offensively, we're overachieving so far this season. McCown has played way better than we all thought he would, and perhaps even more surprisingly he has stayed healthy. Next season, hopefully we can upgrade the head-coaching and QB positions, draft our future QB and add Enunwa, a new featured RB, Leggett, Stewart and maybe even Devin Smith to this offense. 

Defensively, I think we should seriously consider switching permanently to a 4-3 defense, and if Bowles is gone it would be the perfect opportunity to do so. We could use Wilkerson at LDT and Williams at RDT. We could use Ealy at RE and we could hopefully find another pass rusher to join them. McLendon can be gone if he cannot convert from NT to DT. With this alignment, Jenkins becomes the SLB, Davis becomes the MLB and Lee moves to WLB. 

The way this team has responded in terms of overall effort this season is a true positive. I wonder now what might have been had Tony Romo accepted to join us this season. There are a lot of reports suggesting he was interested in playing for us because he would have still been able to get one foot in the broadcasting door living in New York City. Honestly, we might be playoff contenders with Romo right now. Oh well.  

I am in favor of hiring Pete Carmichael as our next head coach, switching to a 4-3 defense, pursuing Brees and Alex Smith for the short term, drafting a Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield as our QB of the future, drafting Barkley in Round 1 and hope we can land a quality defensive coordinator.

For now, if I am Maccagnan I would dangle Forte, Powell and McCown to contending teams before the deadline tomorrow and see if there are any nibbles. Any draft pick we can land for any of them would help the process.

Overall, I am taking a positive outlook to this season (so far).

Jets probably wont win another game this year, maybe 1 if everything works in their favor. We will not beat buffalo on thursday. 

I expect to see Petty after the bye, and maybe Hack the last two weeks which will really guarantee loses. 

I also expect them to be in games until Hack takes over. Biggest reason we are in these games is because McCown has played well enough. If we had more talent all the way around we probably have 5-6 honestly. 

3-13, having draft picks and nearly 80 million + in cap space is going to help make the 2018 very competitive if we decide to build the offensive and defensive front 7 correctly. If we can give a young QB some protection and time to throw with an aggressive defense that can actually get to the QB and not be useless against the run I can see us taking giant steps forward next year and maybe squeaking into the playoffs or just coming short but leaving the team young and hungry. 

The biggest question is what to do at HC, and I think it may just be time to go offensive for once. We will see.

18 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

You guys are really happy with the way the Jets lost those last 2 games? For real?

I wish I worked for some of you guys.

Were you expecting us to be top contenders after seeing our wins? This isn't some feel-good, made-for-TV movie where a team of dysfunctional but loveable underdogs goes on to win the big game. We don't have 1 elite player right now (Adams and Maye are good but they still have a lot to prove).

We went toe to toe with Brady, Gronk, and BB only losing the game to a BS turnover. We lost by a TD to ATL, who may not be 2016 ATL but still house the same talent. MIA was a crapshoot, but that's what I expected all season. I'm never happy about a loss, especially when we could have easily been 3 - 0 these last three weeks, but it was a surprise that we were even in those games. If one thing needs to be addressed though it's how our team can't play in the 4th.

On 31/10/2017 at 2:08 AM, ekill08x said:

Jets probably wont win another game this year, maybe 1 if everything works in their favor. We will not beat buffalo on thursday. 

I expect to see Petty after the bye, and maybe Hack the last two weeks which will really guarantee loses. 

I also expect them to be in games until Hack takes over. Biggest reason we are in these games is because McCown has played well enough. If we had more talent all the way around we probably have 5-6 honestly. 

3-13, having draft picks and nearly 80 million + in cap space is going to help make the 2018 very competitive if we decide to build the offensive and defensive front 7 correctly. If we can give a young QB some protection and time to throw with an aggressive defense that can actually get to the QB and not be useless against the run I can see us taking giant steps forward next year and maybe squeaking into the playoffs or just coming short but leaving the team young and hungry. 

The biggest question is what to do at HC, and I think it may just be time to go offensive for once. We will see.

OK, I hear you on most of these points, but my question to you would be the following: what would change if we DID NOT tank at the tail end of this season? If I see Hackenberg in the starting lineup at any point this season, then I KNOW we're tanking. So, WHOM would we be tanking for? I understand WHY teams 'tank' in various sports at different times. I get why you would tank for Patrick Ewing; for Alex Ovechkin; for Connor McDavid; for LeBron James; for Peyton Manning; for John Elway. Who is coming out of THIS draft that warrants us going 3-13, instead of trying to win as many games as possible and continuing the feel-good story of the 2017 season?

The way I see it, we'll still have the draft picks and nearly $80 million in cap space whether we tank the rest of the way or fight for 6-10, 7-9 or maybe even 8-8 (doubtful). 

With the way we have played so far this season, I believe there are still 4 winnable games on our schedule...starting tonight, followed by games at TB, vs. Car and vs. LAC. None are gimmes and we'll likely be underdogs in all of them save for maybe the Chargers, but we can win these games. Home to KC, at Denver, at New Orleans and at New England will be much harder. 

But damn, if we can go 6-10 or 7-9 this season I would feel A LOT better about this team heading into next season than if we tanked the rest of the way and ended up 3-13...basically washing away all of the good we started with in September and October.

Archived