Possible trades we could make before the trade deadline

turtle28

Given both Logan Thomas and Curtis Samuel’s injuries I wonder if we will make any trades to bolster our receiving options for Heinicke. I’m torn on this because I believe Samuel is healthy enough contribute some but he’s not 100% and Logan Thomas will be out a month or longer w/ his hamstring injury.

We could make a trade for Allen Robinson or Brandon Cooks to bolster our WR corps. Then, at TE we could make a trade for David Njoku if the Browns are finally open to trading Njoku.

Again, I’m torn on trading for either of these guys bc we have young guys I’d like to see play in develop as well and both Robinson & Njoku are on one year deals but, they would give Heinicke two more good weapons to target beyond Terry. 

The issue is the cost. ARob makes $17 mil, so if we trade for him we’d have to trade a player. Maybe Scherff for ARob??

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We should probably shop Brandon Scherff for a draft pick. 

Scherff for ARob? I’d like that trade for us. I think Scherff really wants to return to the Midwest like Cousins did, I don’t think he wants to live another 5 years in the DC area. They need to trade him for someone who can help them and they can re-sign for the long term here. 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

I wonder if there’s any chance we could get Darby back? I mean, I seriously doubt this staff would even do it but it doesn’t seem like Denver needs him and that’s a good sized contract. I’m not even sure what we have that we could send their way but I think they made a big mistake letting Darby walk and paying WJ3. That whole thing made no sense to me at all? 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wonder if there’s any chance we could get Darby back? I mean, I seriously doubt this staff would even do it but it doesn’t seem like Denver needs him and that’s a good sized contract. I’m not even sure what we have that we could send their way but I think they made a big mistake letting Darby walk and paying WJ3. That whole thing made no sense to me at all? 

I don’t know if it’s possible or makes sense cap wise. 

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Scherff's 18M is going to be a blocker to resigning him unless a playoff-now team losing a star guard.

Honestly, I would bet that we stand pat. That seems to be Rivera's MO at the deadline.

Scherff for ARob is essentially an exchange of franchise tag salaries. 

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Scherff for ARob is essentially an exchange of franchise tag salaries. 

I sort of get why Washington would do it, but why on Earth does Chicago agree? They aren't going to the playoffs and it's not like a guard is going to suddenly turn them into a competitive team.

28 minutes ago, Woz said:

I sort of get why Washington would do it, but why on Earth does Chicago agree? They aren't going to the playoffs and it's not like a guard is going to suddenly turn them into a competitive team.

Not to mention the coach and GM are going to get fired 

51 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because I think they could re-sign Scherff long term as their offense is built more around the running game & will be in the future too with Fields as a dual threat option.

Allen Robinson has one foot out the door just as Scherff does here. Robinson doesn’t want to play in Chicago anymore, he wants to go somewhere with a better passing game.