Possible trades we could make before the trade deadline

turtle28

This is in no way something that I've researched heavily in terms of salary cap ramifications, etc... And I don't have trading partners (because someone HAS to be willing to trade with you) lined up, nor do I have players to trade for from other teams.

But guys like:

Payne

Humphries

We should consider shopping them to see what we could get. I know it's heresy to think of shopping Payne and I think he's a good DT. But if we could end up with another player who could help us at another position (or high enough draft capital to get another player at another position), then trading him might be worth it. We have entirely too much invested in that line for it not to be taking over games.

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i feel we are in the midst of another half a$$ rebuild. We havent really seen anyone benched or enough changed. If we are gonna tank play the young guys and be done with it.

Shoulda done that last year when no one would've blamed them for playing younger guys. But since we won the division, the clock is now accelerated on the "Rebuild". Rivera is riding the tiger, so to speak.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If we eat most of the money, it could happen. 

This has been my plan for collins all along.  But he has such bad tape out now it is likely too late. 

Maybe we eat the salary for both and package Collins and Scherff for a kicker?

• Like 2

On 10/31/2021 at 2:56 PM, lavar703 said:

I feel like an obvious trade target for us would be Mack Wilson. I’m not sure what we could offer? Potentially Adam Humphries or a late round pick. But I do think they should make that move.  

I just read that Mack Wilson has a knee injury - he said he’ll be back soon on Twitter - so it must be a knee sprain. I also thought JOK was hurt, so I don’t see the Browns trading him and I don’t know why in the world they would trade Wilson for only Humphries when the Browns are pretty stacked at WR and Landry just came back vs the Steelers on Sunday.

18 hours ago, offbyone said:

This has been my plan for collins all along.  But he has such bad tape out now it is likely too late. 

Maybe we eat the salary for both and package Collins and Scherff for a kicker?

I like the idea but no team is going to trade a good or great kicker for them.