College Football Coaching Carousel

Texasmade

10 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nobody at UT Knoxville thought they were getting Gruden lol only the loud loons on the internet thought that.

I know quite a few Tennessee fans. They all thought they were landing someone big. They all laughed whenever names like Schiano were mentioned. Some thought Gruden. Some thought Leach. Some thought other coaches. They're throwing a temper tantrum because they don't like the hire. This has nothing to do with morals. When their team ran off a player who helped a rape victim, they certainly weren't rioting then.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I know quite a few Tennessee fans. They all thought they were landing someone big. They all laughed whenever names like Schiano were mentioned. Some thought Gruden. Some thought Leach. Some thought other coaches. They're throwing a temper tantrum because they don't like the hire. This has nothing to do with morals. When their team ran off a player who helped a rape victim, they certainly weren't rioting then.

A good chunk were convinced that Chris Petersen was Tennessee bound last night lol

Just now, eggybucsfan31 said:

A good chunk were convinced that Chris Petersen was Tennessee bound last night lol

I saw that too. One guy who described himself as a Vols donor claimed they were landing Jim Bob Cooter as their OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. These people are angry because they have unrealistic expectations, not morals.

31 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

BS. Tennessee fans are using it as an excuse. They're throwing a temper tantrum because they didn't get Gruden or any of the delusions of grandeur coaches they thought they deserved.

You can ask anyone who has talked to me about the coaching search, I knew we were gonna get stuck with another big east caliber coach. Didn't have any delusions of grandeur, and Jon Gruden is an awful coach anyway.

Doesn't excuse what Tennessee is doing.

46 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I saw that too. One guy who described himself as a Vols donor claimed they were landing Jim Bob Cooter as their OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. These people are angry because they have unrealistic expectations, not morals.

You serious? JBC is getting close to landing an NFL HC gig. Of all of the rumors possible, this may be the most absurd... 

Not to mention, Petersen leaving UW? Have they seen UW's stadium? The Seattle area? Tennesse may have the SEC card and a richer recruiting base, but come on guys, why would he leave a school that he's practically a god at for the Knoxville dumpster fire? 

Now I hope they finalize Schiano and hire Art Briles and Bo Pelini as coordinators just to see the riot spread for their own self righteousness. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

You serious? JBC is getting close to landing an NFL HC gig. Of all of the rumors possible, this may be the most absurd... 

Not to mention, Petersen leaving UW? Have they seen UW's stadium? The Seattle area? Tennesse may have the SEC card and a richer recruiting base, but come on guys, why would he leave a school that he's practically a god at for the Knoxville dumpster fire? 

Now I hope they finalize Schiano and hire Art Briles and Bo Pelini as coordinators just to see the riot spread for their own self righteousness. 

100% serious. That's why it's no surprise that they're throwing a tantrum.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

F that. I think we can all actually hope that Art Briles never gets a job in CFB again.

A CFB job? If not for political reasons I will not expound upon here because not allowed, he'd probably be in a federal probe and facing prison time.

He is deserving castigated. It's not some lol SJW crap, the man fostered a culture where his players routinely beat and raped women and he did nothing but cover it up for the sake of winning games.

1 hour ago, ak23 said:

Am genuinely confused why Tennessee is rebelling against the Schiano hire. What he did with the Rutgers program was absolutely unbelievable. He's been a good (though not great) DC for Ohio State and definitely deserves a head coaching job. Took Rutgers to 5 8 or more win seasons in his last 6 seasons there. He produced some NFLers (Kenny Britt, Ray Rice, Logan Ryan, Mo Sanu, Devin McCourty, Anthony Davis) and has a lot of respect from many of the big names in the coaching profession (Belicheck and Urban especially). 

Who does Tennessee think they will get? Mike Norvell? Tee Martin? Brent Venables? Are any of those hires definitively better than Schiano? The fact that the UT state representatives/board of trustees are literally rebelling due to not liking this hire does not make this a more desirable job. 

Urban Myer and Bill Belicheck had respect for Aaron Hernandez as well. We see where that got them.

Miami and Virginia Tech left the Big East in 04. During their time there, Schiano was like 11-28.

RIch Rod left West Virginia after 07. Brian Kelly won at Cincinnati in 08-09

Did you see the Big East conference for those years, and the years the good coaches were gone?

• Syracuse-sucked
  • UCONN-had that one year
  • Pitt-had that one year
  • Temple? Really?
  • South Florida-descent under Leavett, awful under Holtz

Fact is, Schiano lost at least 4 games in his last 5 years at Rutgers against a conference of turds. Yay! He brought Rutgers from complete **** to just halfway lukewarm ****.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I live in Nashville. My office has at least 100 Tennessee fans(1 Florida fan for you Jrry), and many of them still believed that Gruden would be the coach up until this weekend. Others thought Chris Peterson was a viable second option.

Its madness seeing this lunacy in the state of Tennessee.

My favorite anecdote from the whole Gruden thing. One older guy at work was talking to a guy that works in my pod, who is a Bama fan. His words verbatum, "Gruden will beat Saban 2 of the first 3 years he is here, and will have a national championship by then."

Archived