NFL Coaching & Exc. Opening

Texas_OutLaw7

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

As a whole, I feel this entire hire cycle was bad. Only really loved Daboll. 

Some folks have potential but lots of question marks. And we had 9 openings. Wild. 

It still boggles my mind that Eric Bieniemy still can’t get a head coaching job. I find it hard to believe that owners are holding his legal issues from 20-30 years ago over his head.

4 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

It still boggles my mind that Eric Bieniemy still can’t get a head coaching job. I find it hard to believe that owners are holding his legal issues from 20-30 years ago over his head.

There has to be something else, right? 

5 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t know. I didn’t realize the assault charges. You tie that with a bad interviewer who doesn’t call his plays I can see why it’s hard. Ironically I can see Dallas as one of the places that can weather the negative pr blitz. Jerry has his own prostitution photos around and everyone forgot about them. 

That said if De is Allen gets a second go or Lovie Smith gets a third cycle then I’m also not sure what the hell nfl teams are doing with their coaching situation. 

43 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don’t know. I didn’t realize the assault charges. You tie that with a bad interviewer who doesn’t call his plays I can see why it’s hard. Ironically I can see Dallas as one of the places that can weather the negative pr blitz. Jerry has his own prostitution photos around and everyone forgot about them. 

That said if De is Allen gets a second go or Lovie Smith gets a third cycle then I’m also not sure what the hell nfl teams are doing with their coaching situation. 

I mean, the Texans are just a dumpster fire right now so any bad move they make doesn't surprise me. 

3 hours ago, D82 said:
8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

There has to be something else, right? 

Im pretty sure he is just a terrible HC candidate that media and fans keep propping up. There is no way 1/2 the league has interviewed him and said no otherwise. They know about his legal troubles before interviewing him, so thats not it. And its not racial as there have been, what, 3-5 minorities hired at those same spots he interviewed. 

He is just a walking red flag at this point.