The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

Lane is not a NFL head coach. Damn good college coach. Let’s not go back to that. 

Think that’s a little harsh on Pederson. He has great connections so your coaching staff is gonna be strong on the offensive side. He showed what he could do their super bowl year with adapting and his offense has been creative. He’s a winner and should have never been fired. Won the Super Bowl then went 9-7 and 9-7 then had a bad season but the eagles have been one of the most hurt teams during that time. 

He wouldn’t be my first choice but Pederson would not be a bad hire the Raiders could very do a whole lot worse. 

I want a coach who’s gonna make Ruggs a priority. Who’s gonna make sure to get him the ball every game. Feel like Ruggs is ready to break out but just doesn’t get the looks every game that he needs. Kind of why I want Joe Brady. The way he uses DJ Moore would how I would imagine how he would use Ruggs. You see Moore line up everywhere and that’s what I want with Ruggs 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Think that’s a little harsh on Pederson. He has great connections so your coaching staff is gonna be strong on the offensive side. He showed what he could do their super bowl year with adapting and his offense has been creative. He’s a winner and should have never been fired. Won the Super Bowl then went 9-7 and 9-7 then had a bad season but the eagles have been one of the most hurt teams during that time. 

He wouldn’t be my first choice but Pederson would not be a bad hire the Raiders could very do a whole lot worse. 

I want a coach who’s gonna make Ruggs a priority. Who’s gonna make sure to get him the ball every game. Feel like Ruggs is ready to break out but just doesn’t get the looks every game that he needs. Kind of why I want Joe Brady. The way he uses DJ Moore would how I would imagine how he would use Ruggs. You see Moore line up everywhere and that’s what I want with Ruggs 

He literally does not have said connections. He was too shy to hire guys from outside our own organization because he had come directly from a head coaching a high school, to under Andy Reid, then to us. Your post is just flat out wrong. He had something that worked in 2017.. and then got complacent, and couldn't scheme is way out of a paper bag once teams figured out how to counter his M.O.

The team was hurt, but we also basically had no players improve from the time we drafted them until the point Doug was canned. He and his staff were god awful at getting the most out of their players and developing young raw talent. 

You want to get more out of Ruggs? Hire Kellen Moore.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

He literally does not have said connections. He was too shy to hire guys from outside our own organization because he had come directly from a head coaching a high school, to under Andy Reid, then to us. Your post is just flat out wrong. He had something that worked in 2017.. and then got complacent, and couldn't scheme is way out of a paper bag once teams figured out how to counter his M.O.

The team was hurt, but we also basically had no players improve from the time we drafted them until the point Doug was canned. He and his staff were god awful at getting the most out of their players and developing young raw talent. 

I know a lot of Eagles fans personally that think other wise about Pederson and what you say. That’s where I get my information from. 

Not every Eagles fan gonna feel the same about Pederson, so I do like your feedback and appreciate it: 

Edited by agarcia34

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like Kellen Moore but I don't think he's the right guy for the job. The team needs someone that can come in and be a leader after this huge mess Gruden left. Moore's like 34 and has never been a head coach at any level. Daboll, Shaw, get someone with more experience in winning organizations.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ei7zlcr6lryequk8l4

Al Davis traded this man for draft picks. Have you seen the moves that we've made? Ferrell, Leatherwood, Abram, and Arnette as 1st round picks my boy? At this point nothing would surprise me, lol. Dude's first move as the GM of the team was to give away our best player then proceeded to trade Cooper for Abram...

Edited by NYRaider

41 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Joe Brady is just so young and inexperienced. He was the passing game coordinator at LSU for a year and has been an OC in the NFL for 2 years. The Panthers offense ranked 24th in ppg/21st in ypg last season and ranks 16th in both ppg/ypg this season. Darnold has 6 TD/10 TO this year as well, not buying that he's some great offensive guru.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Al Davis traded this man for draft picks. Have you seen the moves that we've made? Ferrell, Leatherwood, Abram, and Arnette as 1st round picks my boy? At this point nothing would surprise me, lol. 

Al Davis traded Gruden because he wanted personnel control and Davis wouldn't hear it.

He went to Tampa, tanked their roster with poor personnel decisions and was fired. A decade later Mark Davis decides a good idea to give him a 100 mil contract and full control. 

We knew exactly what we were getting. He learned nothing. Everyone said day 1 Gruden had no idea how to build a team. Thankfully he is gone and saved us 6 more seasons of poor roster management. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Al Davis traded Gruden because he wanted personnel control and Davis wouldn't hear it.

He went to Tampa, tanked their roster with poor personnel decisions and was fired. A decade later Mark Davis decides a good idea to give him a 100 mil contract and full control. 

We knew exactly what we were getting. He learned nothing. Everyone said day 1 Gruden had no idea how to build a team. Thankfully he is gone and saved us 6 more seasons of poor roster management. 

What a clown show / disappointment it is to be a supporter of this franchise man.