The search for a new Head Coach

RaidersAreOne

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He was with John in Baltimore previously. John essentially promoted him to Jim's staff at Michigan. 

Could be something, could be he's simply coming back to Baltimore where he started under John.

Would John pouch coaches from his brothers staff at Michigan if he knew he intended on being there next season? I can't imagine that losing his DC is great for recruiting, especially with NSD less than a week away.

Vic posted an article on the Athletic saying that Josh McDaniel was calling around the league assembling a coaching staff.  But according to sources he stopped without explanation.  Possibly money.  It also said that Ziegler seemed to have momentum also that has stopped. 

15 minutes ago, SodakRaiders said:

Vic posted an article on the Athletic saying that Josh McDaniel was calling around the league assembling a coaching staff.  But according to sources he stopped without explanation.  Possibly money.  It also said that Ziegler seemed to have momentum also that has stopped. 

Hoping word is out we're honed in on another pairing.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Read somewhere, can't find it now Bowles and Dodd pairing could be possible. 

Bowles was linked early on with the Raiders opening. That would be a completely deflating hire.

depends who is OC and at least we would blitz

harbaugh with Fangio would be dream though

Edited by roi34

And here comes the justification period.. just like Leatherwood: rush to read/watch positive things about Bowles to make us feel better, although deep down we know it’s a bad hire. 

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m gonna do it myself to make me feel better, but it’s still a bad hire (if we do hire him, which is looking likely). 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

And here comes the justification period.. just like Leatherwood: rush to read/watch positive things about Bowles to make us feel better, although deep down we know it’s a bad hire. 

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m gonna do it myself to make me feel better, but it’s still a bad hire (if we do hire him, which is looking likely). 

honestly when he went to jets i wanted him for raiders, not going to lie. personality wise he's meh for interviews.

but he's #2/3 choice not #1. 

Harbaugh #1 but not many other guys make me excited.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roi34 said:

honestly when he went to jets i wanted him for raiders, not going to lie. personality wise he's meh for interviews.

but he's #2/3 choice not #1. 

Harbaugh #1 but not many other guys make me excited.

He doesn’t have the personality to be a HC, a lot of coordinators don’t. Watching him on mic’d up and he just doesn’t have “it”.

Personality completely aside, his run with the Jets was horrible. He completely neglected the offense at every turn and only focused on the defense. The offensive situation was downright embarrassing, and got worse every year he was there. 

• Like 1

I personally do not want a defensive HC. The game is geared towards great offenses now, that is just a fact. It's easier to find a quality DC's as they are not in as high demand as their offensive counter parts for HC jobs.

If you want a high quality OC now, you have to hire them as head coaches. 

With the rules the way they are, you're not going to beat Mahomes and Herbert consistently with great defense and an average offense. You need a great offenses who can score with them and keep them off the field. 

Buffalo had a great defense and couldn't stop Mahomes when it mattered. It took an all world perfomance by Allen to compete. That is what the game is now. 

35 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Bowles was linked early on with the Raiders opening. That would be a completely deflating hire.

Bowles would be like a caretaker HC. I don’t think he’d field the worst team but he won’t have the best. 

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

One of the NFL reporters Tom Pelissero said that last night in a Twitter space but it was him just putting those two together then him hearing that those two are linked together