Who was more dangerous. Lawrence Taylor on Defense or Moss on Offense?

mdonnelly21

Lawrence Taylor on Defense or Moss on offense?   

30 members have voted

1. 1. LT on Defense or Moss on offense? 

• LT on Defense
    • Moss on Offense

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Agreed. That’s kind of where I was going with what I was saying. Not nearly as eloquently or informed.

But yeah in the modern NFL I think someone like Von Miller might be the closest thing (at his peak) to what LT was.

A guy like TJ Watt might also be in a similar caliber (though probably not in the same level) at a similar position.

But yeah LT would still be one of the (of not THE) best defender in the modern NFL.

Von Miller nor TJ Watt could/can bang with O-linemen like LT did.   Despite them  having a slight advantage in their speed/technique/bend moves, LT enjoyed a 4th dimention of a master-level bullrush while having the unique MLB spatial awareness.   Anything inside of the hashes and infront of the safetys was his domain.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dangerous how? Because technically Moss would be the most dangerous in terms of odds of making a big play each down, but not the most dangerous in terms impact on the game. All things being a equal a great LB like Taylor is far more "dangerous" in terms of winning you the game.

A pass rusher can win you a game almost on his own, especially if he's a great run defender too. A WR can't, not really, no matter how fast he is. 

There's also impact above replacement - which I would argue goes in Taylor's favour too. Replacing Taylor with a decent edge rusher probably hurts your team a lot more than replacing Moss with a decent WR.

I know this - if you offered me either Lawrence Taylor + Deion Branch or Randy Moss + Trey Flowers, I'd take Taylor/Branch every single time.

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

lol

Donald is in the same conversation as Reggie.

but Kechley vs LT? 

Thats really not a bad comp tbh, so I am not embarrassed by it. Luke was that dude, but he wasnt on the level that Donald was.

Now stop sleuthing though my post in an attempt of a "gotcha"....... im on to you.