2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

DeRozan is a multi time All-Star/All-NBA player that has been the best player on really good teams throughout his career when he was with the Raptors and is averaging 26 ppg this year. Vuc is one of the best bigs in the NBA and another guy that has been an All-Star multiple times. You think that the thought of playing with Cade Cunningham and Paolo Banchero is more appealing then playing with those two? What is the Pistons ceiling? You guys are 4-22.

Yes, I think playing with two/three studs on the rise is more enticing than playing with a 33 year old wing that can't shoot and a 32 year old C in two years when they are 34 and 35.  He has a 1 or 2 year window with them before the real decline comes.  If you want to look at right now, or even if the Bulls finish as a top 2/3 seed, sure I'd rather be on the Bulls.  But if they drop and have a first round exit and if Cade continues to put up 22-7-7 like he has the last 10 games, and they add another young core piece like a Bridges or Ayton, that team looks a heck of a lot more enticing especially f the Bulls end up the 5 or 6 seed.  How will the Bulls improve this off season?  The only hope is growth from Williams and Coby White which who look like solid depth players but nothing thats going to lead a team. 

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yes, I think playing with two/three studs on the rise is more enticing than playing with a 33 year old wing that can't shoot and a 32 year old C in two years when they are 34 and 35.  He has a 1 or 2 year window with them before the real decline comes.  If you want to look at right now, or even if the Bulls finish as a top 2/3 seed, sure I'd rather be on the Bulls.  But if they drop and have a first round exit and if Cade continues to put up 22-7-7 like he has the last 10 games, and they add another young core piece like a Bridges or Ayton, that team looks a heck of a lot more enticing especially f the Bulls end up the 5 or 6 seed.  How will the Bulls improve this off season?  The only hope is growth from Williams and Coby White which who look like solid depth players but nothing thats going to lead a team. 

I wonder why superstars weren't rushing to play with the 76ers after MCW rookie season, he had better numbers then Cade and they had 25 year old Thad/Turner who put up better numbers as former lottery picks then anyone the Pistons currently have? If Lavine leaves Chicago he's leaving so he can go somewhere and win immediately, he's not leaving to go to the literal worst team in the league.

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Idk why but I didn't expect them to stop the game and throw a party lol

Dave Hampton, RB for the Atlanta Falcons in 1972 hit 1000 yards on the season. It was one of the biggest accomplishments in Falcons history at the time. They stopped the game and gave him a trophy and had a little celebration. The game resumed and Hampton rushed the ball for a loss and ended the season with 995 yards. The following year he ended with 997 yards. The year after that he got injured. It wasn't until 1975 that he actually hit and maintained the milestone. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Idk why but I didn't expect them to stop the game and throw a party lol

you and me both lol. Contrast celebrations when Ray broke the record to Curry. Night and day. Love Steph though. No better place to break that record. Almost feel that those bad shooting days were meant to happen so he can break the record in MSG.