2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I in no way said he was any good at defense, I simply refuted being the worst. If you want to curtail the eligibility of whose in that barrel to just SF and just those you averaged over 30 minutes then sure, he was the worst. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I just remember seeing all of the Timberwolves fans crying about how terrible he was defensively last year. Edwards has the tools to be an excellent defender it will just come down to effort with him because he definitely has the tools to be at least an average defender. 

According to last years D-LEBRON (measures Defensive Impact per 100 possessions) stat Anthony Edwards was 16th worst.

Here are the 15 players that finished below him on defense:

Jordan Poole

Trae Young

Lonnie Walker

D’Angelo Russell

Luke Kennard

Anfernee Simons

Carmelo Anthony 

Armoni Brooks

Dwayne Bacon

Tim Hardaway Jr.

Goran Dragic

D.J. Augustin

Trey Burke

Wayne Ellington

Not the company you wanna keep at all. But, Edwards gets slack cause he was a rookie. He has all the athleticism in the world too, so once they get him more disciplined I’m sure he’ll improve to some degree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not the company you wanna keep at all. But, Edwards gets slack cause he was a rookie. He has all the athleticism in the world too, so once they get him more disciplined I’m sure he’ll improve to some degree.

Edwards has the tools to be an excellent defender at 6'6" 225 with a 6'10" wingspan and plus athleticism. Watching his defensive low lights they were almost always due to low effort. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Edwards has the tools to be an excellent defender at 6'6" 225 with a 6'10" wingspan and plus athleticism. Watching his defensive low lights they were almost always due to low effort. 

It’s not just effort. It’s IQ/awareness.

But, yes I said his athletic tools should make it so he can improve and hopefully at least be solid on defense.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think Edwards defensive numbers are also somewhat skewed because KAT plays zero defense as well. 

He has a middling rating in D-LEBRON, but way higher than Edwards. 

The guards on that team are just awful on defense with Russell, Beasley and Edwards. 

With how bad they are and Towns being meh you can see why some people were interested in trading Ben Simmons there.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He has a middling rating in D-LEBRON, but way higher than Edwards. 

The guards on that team are just awful on defense with Russell, Beasley and Edwards. 

With how bad they are and Towns being meh you can see why some people were interested in trading Ben Simmons there.

He averaged 1.1 bpg last season, he doesn't protect the rim at all. Simmons would be a perfect fit with them assuming that they kept Edwards/KAT/DLo.