2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I get it, but I’m sure with the kind of guy Bazemore is he would give it if Rondo was asking for it, so I’m just gonna guess he didn’t push for it.

Bazemore has worn #6 or #24 throughout his career, couldn't take those numbers so he had to take goat Rondo's #9.

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I was really just surprised to see Russ play so conservatively. I bet on Russ O 19.5 points and he only took 9 shots in 35 minutes. What a spectacle to see LeBron, AD, Melo, Russ, Dwight, Rondo, and DJ all on the same team though at one point all of those guys were max contract players. 

LIS, there's going to be a period of adjustment for him.  This is the first time since KD left OKC that he wasn't the best offensive player on the court.  And it's the first time since OKC traded Harden that he might not be the second best offensive option on the court at any given time.  We saw how good Westbrook/Harden/Durant was, and that was before we really realized how good Harden was.  The Lakers brought in Westbrook in case something happened to LeBron, and when LeBron went to the bench the offense didn't stall.  Westbrook needs to be more like OKC Westbrook when LeBron goes the bench.  Attack.  Attack.  Attack.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Sí.

That’s why I’m confused.

Looking at Russ' career you can make a strong argument that he has probably played alongside more superstars then any other superstar in NBA history. He played alongside Durant/Harden in OKC, George in OKC, Harden in Houston, Beal in Washington, and now LeBron/AD in LA. 

Other nuggets from around the league just watching highlights / reading box scores:

• Anthony Edwards looks legit had 29 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists on 10/21 FG & 6/12 3FG

• The Bulls will likely be a fringe playoff team this year, they lack depth and shooting. 

• The Magic, Thunder, Rockets, and Raptors are all going to be bad this year and in contention for the #1 pick.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Pretty much what we expected.  LeBron/AD is arguably the best duo in the league, and we knew it was going to take some time to adjust with Westbrook.  Plus, it doesn't help that half of our rotation wasn't healthy.

This ^

The offense looked tentative....in "figuring it out" mode with little to no transition or points on the fly. That'll improve with time....and agree with another comment regards Westbrook: he needs to be in attack mode: taking it to the paint for a short jumpers / layups - or pass off to a big. Thats where his value lies.    

I saw they picked up Bradley. Good. I'd not noticed that. He's a handy backup / supplement / minutes eater at the PG position - proving injury protection, defensive help and rest to the aged PGs ahead of him. Not sure their intent when THT returns if he's gonna be PG or SG - but with Rondo & WB around, I've gotta figure SG - so Bradley (if necessary) could still fill at PG seamlessly.