2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

Nuggets limping into the playoffs. Unless Will Barton and Monte can find a way to get something going consistently, I am now really skeptical about Denver being able to beat the Mavs or Warriors in the playoffs.

It seems pretty obvious now that Murray and MPJ are done for the season.

4 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

worst record's floor is pick 5.  I'd rather that than pick 6th at worst especially if Sharpe doesnt declare.

Dumb pistons go and win 3 in a row down the stretch while fighting for a top pick.  Man I hope we dont get hosed in the lottery this year. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If only he could do anything else

Kobe's age 19 season (his 2nd season in the NBA)

15.4/3.1/2.5, 42.8% FG, 34.1% 3pt, 3rd leading scorer on team (Shaq 28.3), had Shaq drawing attention

Jalen Green's age 19 season 

17.0/3.4/2.6, 42.4% FG, 34.5% 3pt, 2nd leading scorer on team (Wood 17.9), does not have a Shaq

Looking at this, #YoungMamba sounds about right.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Kobe's age 19 season (his 2nd season in the NBA)

15.4/3.1/2.5, 42.8% FG, 34.1% 3pt, 3rd leading scorer on team (Shaq 28.3), had Shaq drawing attention

Jalen Green's age 19 season 

17.0/3.4/2.6, 42.4% FG, 34.5% 3pt, 2nd leading scorer on team (Wood 17.9), does not have a Shaq

Looking at this, #YoungMamba sounds about right.

Teams averaged 95 ppg when Kobe was 19, Teams average 110 now. Efficiency across the league was much worse. Kobe came off the bench for a 60 win team. Jalen Green is the #1 option on the worst team in basketball.

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Teams averaged 95 ppg when Kobe was 19, Teams average 110 now. Efficiency across the league was much worse. Kobe came off the bench for a 60 win team. Jalen Green is the #1 option on the worst team in basketball.

97-98 Lakers averaged 105.5 points per game
21-22 Rockets average 109.6 points per game

And as the #1 option, Green gets the lion share of the defensive attention.  Kobe was more efficient, but wasn't asked to carry the load and got to the line more.  I agree there are some differences league wide now, and i'm not saying he is going to be Kobe, but the averages and percentages say that comparison isn't that far out there.

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

97-98 Lakers averaged 105.5 points per game
21-22 Rockets average 109.6 points per game

And as the #1 option, Green gets the lion share of the defensive attention.  Kobe was more efficient, but wasn't asked to carry the load and got to the line more.  I agree there are some differences league wide now, and i'm not saying he is going to be Kobe, but the averages and percentages say that comparison isn't that far out there.

Let's be honest, no defense is shelling out to stop Jalen Green. They're a better team when he doesn't play. Ignoring era, the main difference is that Jalen Green is still a really bad basketball player, while Kobe at 19 was not. Now Jalen is super raw and has a crazy ceiling so he could became great. But saying this guy has similar stats to someone 25 years ago is useless information. That's the Cade is MCW argument again.