2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The NBA is doing an overcorrection though.

There have been a ton of fouls that should be called that are legit that aren't getting called now.

I'm sure it'll get better though.

Good. Let them ******* play. Let's play basketball, not ref ball. Nobody shows up to see FT shooting.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The NBA is doing an overcorrection though.

There have been a ton of fouls that should be called that are legit that aren't getting called now.

I'm sure it'll get better though.

Exactly. Again thats how the NFL was right after the bad PI call in the NFCCG. It was an uproar so the NFL put the PI review into play the next season and it was HORRIBLE. Like we legit didnt know what a PI was anymore and everytime a coach challenged they pretty much lost. So then the NFL was done with challenging PI calls. So yes I think the NBA will eventually stop being this extreme as the season goes along but its definitely an overreaction or overcorrection. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Good. Let them ******* play. Let's play basketball, not ref ball. Nobody shows up to see FT shooting.

I'm against players like Trae/Harden foul baiting and its good to get rid of that stuff, but the refs just aren't making routine calls they should.

Also, I don't think refs have any idea what continuation is or they just don't know how to call it. It's ridiculous lol. I'd rather too many calls get called continuation like 10 years ago than for them to miss so many ones that should've been.

• Like 1

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm against players like Trae/Harden foul baiting and its good to get rid of that stuff, but the refs just aren't making routine calls they should.

Also, I don't think refs have any idea what continuation is or they just don't know how to call it. It's ridiculous lol. I'd rather too many calls get called continuation like 10 years ago than for them to miss so many ones that should've been.

No. Continuation is a borderline joke and it's one thing that college officiates better than NBA. I'm super happy with how they are calling games this year. No need to change what's happening now.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

No. Continuation is a borderline joke and it's one thing that college officiates better than NBA. I'm super happy with how they are calling games this year. No need to change what's happening now.

I don't watch college ball enough to compare, but I'll just have to disagree on the latter.

The foul baiting is gone, but the refs aren't blowing their whistle at anything now. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nah, it's not Lowry's fault that Harden's predictable as all hell. 

Even if it was a foul, play through it rather than just chucking the ball at the rim trying to get a shooting foul. If anything, that's side out at worst. Harden only knows how to play one way. That's the problem. There's a reason why he's the only player in history with more FTM than FGM. He's a foul hunter and the league realized it's bad for basketball.

I totally get what you are saying. Harden and we can say Trae Young are both great at manipulating the refs. So Im not disagreeing that Harden need to stop looking to draw fouls and just play basketball. What Im saying is the refs need to see the play and if its a foul call it even if its not the obvious. Like we can sit here and call obvious fouls. You dont have to be an expert or watch basketball for years to know what an obvious foul looks like. The refs job is to know what the not so obvious foul looks like. Will they get it wrong sometimes? Yes bc they are human BUT when they start letting call after call after call go bc it didnt look obvious then thats where the line need to be drawn bc in tight games that can be the difference. Then I dont want to hear the next day in the report that said ref missed a foul on Harden if the Nets lose a close game that one call couldve made the difference between a Nets win and a Nets loss.