2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

But Whiteside and Gobert can't play together, so it was awful.

Rudy Gobert literally had the biggest on/off court differential in the NBA last season and the Jazz defense would bleed points whenever he wasn't playing. Whiteside is +22 through 3 games and has been a positive +/- every game so far. Our entire defensive philosophy is to push players toward Rudy at the rim, now we have another 7'0" rim protector with a 7'7" wingspan that can fill a similar role when Rudy isn't playing. How is that awful?

This is how good Jokic is - Quinn Snyder literally staggers Gobert with the 1's and bench, rather than matching Jokic's minutes, because he knows Jokic completely dominates him anyway so may as well take the Gobert mismatch with the Denver bench.

3x defensive player of the year, treated like a rotational player.

That's what MVPs do I guess.

7 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This is how good Jokic is - Quinn Snyder literally staggers Gobert with the 1's and bench, rather than matching Jokic's minutes, because he knows Jokic completely dominates him anyway so may as well take the Gobert mismatch with the Denver bench.

3x defensive player of the year, treated like a rotational player.

That's what MVPs do I guess.

You still lost

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Rudy Gobert literally had the biggest on/off court differential in the NBA last season and the Jazz defense would bleed points whenever he wasn't playing. Whiteside is +22 through 3 games and has been a positive +/- every game so far. Our entire defensive philosophy is to push players toward Rudy at the rim, now we have another 7'0" rim protector with a 7'7" wingspan that can fill a similar role when Rudy isn't playing. How is that awful?

I was referring to when @sdrawkcab321 said it was an awful signing over the summer because they couldn't play together.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I was referring to when @sdrawkcab321 said it was an awful signing over the summer because they couldn't play together.

I personally wasn't a huge fan of the signing at the time but Whiteside is one of the most productive players in the league on a per minute basis and fits well with our group. We made a lot of under the radar moves that I think will pay dividends when the playoffs start. Whiteside with his ability to spell Rudy as well as Rudy Gay/Eric Paschall who both give us a lot more versatility if we have to go small.

“I want to be with the winners,” Whiteside said. “I have to prove that. I think I can contribute to a winning situation, but it’s up to me to show that. I led the league in multiple categories, but now I have to show that I can make an impact on winning and I want to be on that caliber of team. That’s why I signed with the Jazz.