2021-2022 NBA GDT Thread: Wolf Pit Assemble

NYRaider

God........... the Grizzlies are tough. That was a stressful one.

Ja is ridiculous and he likely will be 1st in the NBA in PPG after this one.

Looks like the Lakers are gonna get their first win.

Melo gets player of the game for scoring 28 points off the bench. Also, passed up Moses Malone for 9th on the all time scoring list as well. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Giddey actually looks really good. Great at left handed layups, hangtime, passing, floaters, dribble jukes and has an elite feel for the game. Plays like he’s way older than he is, he got in Joel Embiid’s head this game and you can already see him earning guys respect like Danny Green.

Now we just need to win the lottery this offseason and we’re set with Shai, Giddey, Dort and a #1 guy. Have enough cap space to then offer Deandre Ayton a max and trade sone of our other assets for another star like a Karl Anthony Towns. 

Clippers are also starting off 0-2 and we have that pick as well as the Suns pick. 

We’re in a great position if this kid keeps improving, the game already looks easy for him. He’s like a mix between LaMelo and Larry Bird.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We went from you ready to go scorched earth to this...

I was judging the man by his name but there are exceptions to the rule. On film he looks bigger and more masculine than I thought he would be I mean this is a 19 year old kid named Josh. 

Once he gets to his spot he just elevates and makes a play over and over again whether it’s a floater left or right handed layup crafty step back or pass and every single pass of his has been on the money. And he just glides thru air like he’s in slow motion his talent is just unarguable. 

I’m still not a fan of our GM but he is objectively going with the data on every decision and if we win the lottery once or twice it’s hard not to image our team being epic in a few years. My real concern with tanking is damaging the rep we have with Shai then recruiting competent free agents or a good coach to come live in Oklahoma. But we have so many picks we can just trade for vet role players if need be when that time comes.

Edited by Kirill

38 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I was judging the man by his name but there are exceptions to the rule. On film he looks bigger and more masculine than I thought he would be I mean this is a 19 year old kid named Josh. 

You were really judging an NBA prospects potential based on the fact his name is Josh?