A call for optimism.

Kiwibrown

I think we have seen Kizer stripped to his foundations and now he will be built from the ground up. He played smarter today than any week he has played so far this year. no ints is progress.  18/34 with 4 drops is progress. 

If we can get someone to aid the offense via trade and Corey Coleman returning soon from injury our offense will be better. Less drops and more dynamic play. 

kizer is an accurate QB that misfires rather than an inaccurate QB IMO I think his misfires will decease over time. 

drango doesn't look terrible, we still have an offensive line. 

our defense is brilliant and will get better with Garrett, McCourty and Peppers back. ALso I think we will see more Kai N who will be more correct in coverage than Campbell and Peppers.  

Our defense will make a jump and our offense will also. 

I foresee two W's. 

Starting the week after next. 

don't write it in stone though. 

Kizer is not accurate.  So many balls were actually caught this year that should have been huge gainers, but the WR/TE/RB was tackled immediately due to poor ball placement.  Accuracy is more than just completion percentage, drops, etc.  Its throwing the WR open, placing the ball where only the WR can catch it, and placing it to leave the WR in position to make a play after the catch.

4 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Kizer is not accurate.  So many balls were actually caught this year that should have been huge gainers, but the WR/TE/RB was tackled immediately due to poor ball placement.  Accuracy is more than just completion percentage, drops, etc.  Its throwing the WR open, placing the ball where only the WR can catch it, and placing it to leave the WR in position to make a play after the catch.

You know I love to disagree with you, bless my heart, but that is what my eyes have seen as well; Kizer looks inaccurate to me thus far in his short career.  He seems to completely lack "feel" for the game at this point, relying on his amazing arm to fit balls in before a defender can get there instead of throwing guys open.  I haven't given up on Kizer yet, though so far I would expect he would be replaced at the end of the year.  Watson looks like the truth.  Imagine how smart this front office would look if we grabbed 1. Garrett / 12. Watson / 29. Njoku / 52. Josh Jones / 65. Alvin Kamara.  Note: Though I totally  missed on Watson, I REALLLLLY wanted the last two dudes.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

You know I love to disagree with you, bless my heart, but that is what my eyes have seen as well; Kizer looks inaccurate to me thus far in his short career.  He seems to completely lack "feel" for the game at this point, relying on his amazing arm to fit balls in before a defender can get there instead of throwing guys open.  I haven't given up on Kizer yet, though so far I would expect he would be replaced at the end of the year.  Watson looks like the truth.  Imagine how smart this front office would look if we grabbed 1. Garrett / 12. Watson / 29. Njoku / 52. Josh Jones / 65. Alvin Kamara.  Note: Though I totally  missed on Watson, I REALLLLLY wanted the last two dudes.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

In addition to inaccuracy, he seems unable to anticipate guys open.

He doesn't throw to them until he sees them open, and DBs see him see them, hence a lot of the interceptions.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

No, I don't want to give up on Kizer, but to paraphrase the late great Dennis Green, he is who I thought he was lol, a project, and we, the Browns, do not have a future hall of fame QB to start while we work on developing that project.  Regarding Watson, I doubt he is anywhere near as good here, but then again, BOB is a terrible offensive coach and QB developer and he is overcoming there.  I saw a project there too, with way more questions than answers during the draft.  He is making good, I am happy for him.  I still stick by my assertion that 2018 is the year for the Browns to get our QB.

I think Kizers biggest weakness back there is he is not willing to take a chance. If he makes a mistake then he knows the coach doesn't have faith in him and will pull him quickly. I also don't think he has much faith in the receivers.  There were a couple throws yesterday that were all based on anticipation and the receivers were knocked off their routes easily.  So he throws basic routes with high percentage success rates and we get our usually 4-8 drops a game and he looks inept.  Imagine if we had 1 drop a game, or maybe one day in my dreams, 0 drops in a game. How crazy would that be? Then the trust would develop and we might have something. 

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Its hilarious how people try to hold a 21 year rookie QB to the same standards of a 12 year vet. Can you name one QB that was accurate to a T and anticipated every throw in their first year?

Ben from pit for one.

7 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Ben from pit for one.

A) 17 - 11 ratio isn't exactly accurate to a T bro, and anticipated every throw

B) They had a championship team built around them with a strong running game and an elite defense, he really didn't have to do much but facilitate, the team was going to carry the Bus to the Super Bowl regardless if it were him or Tommy Maddox

Archived