It’s time to admit the mistake

lavar703

37 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yeah sorry, I’m definitely taking JOK and Mac Jones over Cosmi, Davis, BSJ and Dyami Brown. A stud playmaking LB and what looks to be a potential top 10 QB vs. basically two contributors and one over drafted LB. 

I want to like this post but I just can’t bc of the last phrase. It’s far far too soon to know if Jamin is over-drafted.  

As pointed out JOK is hurt and how exactly is he “a stud” already?

I mean I could sit here and say he’s too small to play LB bc he already got hurt in the first half of his rookie season, but that would be just as ridiculous as your statement that based off of 7 games of a rookie season we have already made the determination that Jamin was over-drafted…

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

Edited by turtle28

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I want to like this post but I just can’t bc of the last phrase. It’s far far too soon to know if Jamin is over-drafted.  

As pointed out JOK is hurt and how exactly is he “a stud” already?

I mean I could sit here and say he’s too small to play LB bc he already got hurt in the first half of his rookie season, but that would be just as ridiculous as your statement that based off of 7 games of a rookie season we have already made the determination that Jamin was over-drafted…

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

I made the determination Jamin was over drafted on draft night. I’ve made that very clear. 

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I do, but I give things time before I make up my mind even if I didn’t like the pick or signing. You have made up your mind after 7 games which is pretty extreme.

I made up my mind about Rivera seeing his history with the Panthers.  

I’ve seen enough guys like Davis who have one productive season and sprint up the boards due to combine numbers that I at least questioned the pick.  I’d much rather focus on production in the early rounds and take someone who did it for longer than a season.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I made up my mind about Rivera seeing his history with the Panthers.  

I’ve seen enough guys like Davis who have one productive season and sprint up the boards due to combine numbers that I at least questioned the pick.  I’d much rather focus on production in the early rounds and take someone who did it for longer than a season.  

I understand but to act like the book has been written on his career already is again, ridiculous. 

I listened to Jon Allen be interviewed by Kevin Sheehan this morning and he had nothing but good things to say about Jamin. Maybe that’s just teammate speak, but he said he makes a lot of plays in practice and shows off his athleticism and they’re starting to see some of that during games and he expects to see more of it as time goes on.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I understand but to act like the book has been written on his career already is again, ridiculous. 

I listened to Jon Allen be interviewed by Kevin Sheehan this morning and he had nothing but good things to say about Jamin. Maybe that’s just teammate speak, but he said he makes a lot of plays in practice and shows off his athleticism and they’re starting to see some of that during games and he expects to see more of it as time goes on.

I hope so.  I have a little more patience than it seems others do.  I’ll withhold judgment on a rookie for at least a season.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

I hope so.  I have a little more patience than it seems others do.  I’ll withhold judgment on a rookie for at least a season.  

Can’t forget that Jamin also played Kyle Pitts better than anyone last year in college football. He has the ability, I think it’s just a matter of getting comfortable and things like that in what he’s supposed to be doing out there. I think he’ll get it down eventually and at some point it will just click.

Easy to pile on Jamin Davis. He’s certainly not making it easy for his believers, but using JOK or Parsons as a measuring stick doesn’t make much sense to me. He’s being asked to play MLB, which is much harder to learn and play at a high level.

JOK is basically a box safety. he’s playing the WLB position in a defense much better than Washington.

Micah Parsons is rushing the passer 70% of the time. When asked to cover anybody, he has been exposed.

Both players are certainly making more plays than Jamin Davis and have impressed in their roles, but the MLB position is a different ball game…especially for a rookie. Kid needs time, but improvement will need to be seen.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I usually do. And even while I think Parsons is gonna bust eventually, I think he could still pull his head out of a dark, cramped space and be a good player. As for Davis? Jury is still out. I see flashes and willingness. I just need to see more good plays.

Now what? I mean, I just don’t know where we go from here? The defense played much better today but Bridgewater is also pretty bad. We seem to move the football up and down the field but can’t score. Maybe I’m expecting too much and last year set expectations beyond where they should be but man, I just don’t know? I don’t understand how this gets better next year if we can’t find a QB? Sigh.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Now what? I mean, I just don’t know where we go from here? The defense played much better today but Bridgewater is also pretty bad. We seem to move the football up and down the field but can’t score. Maybe I’m expecting too much and last year set expectations beyond where they should be but man, I just don’t know? I don’t understand how this gets better next year if we can’t find a QB? Sigh.    

This is why I said last year that in this rebuild, Rivera was going about it the wrong way.

Right now? We trade what we can to whomever we can to pick up draft picks in the next two drafts. You want to get an elite QB? Well stocking up so we can trade up to get the guy is what it's going to take. Because this team is going to continuously break your heart if you're expecting to try to be in range to get an elite QB with your natural pick. We'll crap the bed consistently all year and eliminate ourselves from the playoffs. And then win meaningless (yes...I said MEANINGLESS) games in December and screw it up. Someone posted elsewhere the QBs that were taken one pick before our pick (Marino, Rodgers, Luck, etc...). Those meaningless wins sometimes are the difference between guys like those and guys like Jason Campbell or Haskins, or Shuler, or...

• Like 1