It’s time to admit the mistake

lavar703

On 10/21/2021 at 11:58 PM, Thaiphoon said:

You don't say? You know, we could've had Mac Jones or Fields without trading up. I know it sounds crazy to think about things long term. But our long term best option was not to go to the playoffs last year.

It was virtually impossible for that to happen after Kyle Allen broke his ankle unless you’re suggesting that Rivera should’ve went back to Haskins instead of to Alex Smith. Beyond doing that, how Alex played and led this team to a division championship w/ the help of the defense and a lot of luck vs bad offenses and back up QBs, that was out of Rivera’s control.

Edited by turtle28

Question for you guys here. What IF Watson goes to Miami. That means Tua is out. Would you be ok with pursuing Tua?  To me  Tua is not the answer however he is much better than what we have. I think we should go in another direction. Personally I perfer a younger more experience QB like Watson. Anyways thoughts!!!!!

On 10/19/2021 at 6:01 AM, turtle28 said:

The truth of the matter is that if we get a good or great QB this off-season and our D is still 32nd in the league we’ll just be like the 2015-2017 Redskins where we had one of the best passing offenses in the NFL but our defense couldn’t stop a cold so we’ll be around .500.

I concur however in many of losing games this yr we are not getting enough production from some of our ancillary peices on the offensive side of the ball. Teams are just focusing on TM and not worrying about the others. Some of it has to do with injuries. Now I am not saying this is the reason we are losing games.  But it is quite obvious just like our defensive woes.  We need additional help in many areas.  

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It was virtually impossible for that to happen after Kyle Allen broke his ankle unless you’re suggesting that Rivera should’ve went back to Haskins instead of to Alex Smith. Beyond doing that, how Alex played and elf this team to a division championship w/ the help of the defense and a lot of luck vs bad offenses and back up QBs, that was out of Rivera’s control.

I already said he should've played Haskins the rest of the way.

On 10/21/2021 at 11:58 PM, Thaiphoon said:

You don't say? You know, we could've had Mac Jones or Fields without trading up. I know it sounds crazy to think about things long term. But our long term best option was not to go to the playoffs last year.

YOU'RE NOT A REAL FAN!!!!

/s

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 4209 said:

Question for you guys here. What IF Watson goes to Miami. That means Tua is out. Would you be ok with pursuing Tua?  To me  Tua is not the answer however he is much better than what we have. I think we should go in another direction. Personally I perfer a younger more experience QB like Watson. Anyways thoughts!!!!!

If Watson goes to Miami, Tua probably goes to Houston.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I already said he should've played Haskins the rest of the way.

I was for it in September but after I learned how Haskins was breaking Covid protocols, I was against it. You can’t reward a player - especially a young one - when he is being insubordinate and putting the entire team especially the HC with cancer in jeopardy of getting Covid and dying.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I was for it in September but after I learned how Haskins was breaking Covid protocols, I was against it. You can’t reward a player - especially a young one - when he is being insubordinate and putting the entire team especially the HC with cancer in jeopardy of getting Covid and dying.

I concur. I wanted to see more Haskins (even when I was pretty sure the book was written on him). but when he showed he wasn't focused on his team due to breaking protocols twice (I believe?), I was done with him. Like I said at the time, if Tomlin cannot straighten him out, he's done.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 2:05 PM, 4209 said:

I would be ok way it. While I don’t think Tua will be a top 5 QB ever in the league he he definitely has the ability to be a top 15 QB and maybe around 10th. If our D ever gets to the point where they’re definite top 5 then we can be a contender w/ a top 10 ish QB.

• Like 1