Uncharted - February 2022 - Trailer

Deadpulse

I think it looks really fun and true to the game, but Tom Holland just doesnt feel like Nathan Drake.    I know its a younger Drake, but I feel like he will kind of always have that boyish voice and look, and I dont feel that for Drake.

Not to say I wont enjoy this, but as a huge fan of the games, Im more picky about the casting.

Not a huge fan of Walberg as Sully, either.

However, in terms of a possible franchise, its good casting.   Just not great fits.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I think it looks really fun and true to the game, but Tom Holland just doesnt feel like Nathan Drake.    I know its a younger Drake, but I feel like he will kind of always have that boyish voice and look, and I dont feel that for Drake.

Not to say I wont enjoy this, but as a huge fan of the games, Im more picky about the casting.

However, in terms of a possible franchise, its good casting.   Just not great fits.

I wonder if they expect big gaps in installments given Hollands pretty hefty commitments. Spit balling here

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I wonder if they expect big gaps in installments given Hollands pretty hefty commitments. Spit balling here

Perhaps, but beyond No Way Home, we dont know much about what the future holds for him as Spider Man.   Obviously he will still be part of the MCU, but I feel like it will be along the lines of RDJ after Iron Man 3....team up movies and cameos.   Maybe t we will see a Spidey vs Venom movie too.

Bottom line....if this is successful, I think every 3 or 4 years is likely for a new one, which is fairly standard.

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

Perhaps, but beyond No Way Home, we dont know much about what the future holds for him as Spider Man.   Obviously he will still be part of the MCU, but I feel like it will be along the lines of RDJ after Iron Man 3....team up movies and cameos.   Maybe t we will see a Spidey vs Venom movie too.

Bottom line....if this is successful, I think every 3 or 4 years is likely for a new one, which is fairly standard.

Sony has been vocal about him being their spiderman as well as the MCU one. Wouldn't be surprised if he is used in Sony-verse flicks after no way home 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 43M said:

Wasn’t a big fan of the casting but there were a couple times in this I felt Holland kinda felt like drake and wahlberg kinda felt like sully.  Movie does look like mindless fun and looks true to the game but will be overall absolutely forgettable.