GDT 10/24/21 Week 7: 5-1 Baltimore Ravens vs 4-2 Cincinnati Bengals

DreamKid

Ja'Marr Chase and Rashod Bateman both dominated CFB as teenagers, now they share the same division. First meeting of many for the 1st Round WRs. Chase is currently the favorite for OROY and likely honors even beyond that. Bateman just returned from groin surgery and will look to build off last week's four first down performance against the Bengals. 

• Like 1

Week 7 Wishlist

- Second consecutive week of defensive competence

- Odafe Oweh's first multi Sack game

- Rashod Bateman going for 100+ rec yards and at least 1 TD

-  A Hollywood Brown long bomb

- 50+ yard run from Lamar or one of our HBs

- No injuries

Week 7 Predictions

- Two TDs for Mark Andrews

- 25+ yard reception for Devin Duvernay

- Lamar gets sacked 3 times

- FF from either Deshon Elliot or Chuck Clark

- Tyler Boyd has a 35+ yard reception

- We motion Patrick Ricard over to the side where Miles Boykin is lined up and run the ball in that direction- They'll never see it coming 😉

- Score: Ravens 27 Bengals 21

Just now, drd23 said:

Some interesting tidbits about the Bengals offense

Wonder what % of targets Chase gets vs Cover-1 compared to Boyd? Has to be a strong strong majority. Burrow knows what he has, just going to let it fly to Chase nearly every time. 

Big game for Oweh. His speed will be an asset when they're trying to hit shots downfield off developing routes. Good chance at production for him in the DROY race. Houston hitting the century mark could happen in this one as well. 

Will be interesting to see Wink's approach. Not only does he love plenty of Cover-1 looks, but Cover-0 as well. Outside of the Chargers game, we've given up plenty of yards from both. One would think we wouldn't lean into their strengths, but who knows 🤷‍♂️.

2 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

👀

so you're the guy keeping cover until the game settles, only to come out and call evferybody out on their statements or what?

well, fine. sorry to be confident about my team handling their divisional rival at home, coming off a 5 game win streak while having one of the most decimated rosters.

Just now, berlin calling said:

so you're the guy keeping cover until the game settles, only to come out and call evferybody out on their statements or what?

well, fine. sorry to be confident about my team handling their divisional rival at home, coming off a 5 game win streak while having one of the most decimated rosters.

Not at all! Just a little surprised how confident you can be in your team since they’ve been pretty inconsistent this year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super impressed with how they have won despite all their injuries, but they are certainly beatable. If this game was last year I’d absolutely agree with you, but this team is really different this year, especially the defense. They have been so good this year, when I thought originally it was going to be the offense that would carry our team. I think Lamar is going to have to beat us with his arm this game for sure. Maybe I’m overconfident, but I see the Bengals sneaking out a win at the gun with a FG.

CIN- 30

BAL- 27

• Like 1

Just now, Johnny Nix said:

Not at all! Just a little surprised how confident you can be in your team since they’ve been pretty inconsistent this year. Don’t get me wrong, I’m super impressed with how they have won despite all their injuries, but they are certainly beatable. If this game was last year I’d absolutely agree with you, but this team is really different this year, especially the defense. They have been so good this year, when I thought originally it was going to be the offense that would carry our team. I think Lamar is going to have to beat us with his arm this game for sure. Maybe I’m overconfident, but I see the Bengals sneaking out a win at the gun with a FG.

CIN- 30

BAL- 27

fair enough and i didn't want to sound like an a.hole. good to be able to feel confident in your team, and as stated in your own GDT i'll consider the Bengals a force if they beat this team on their home turf.

3 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

fair enough and i didn't want to sound like an a.hole. good to be able to feel confident in your team, and as stated in your own GDT i'll consider the Bengals a force if they beat this team on their home turf.

They are playing like a complete team, and honestly the last few years most of our losses have been by one score. Now this team is learning how to close out the close games. I’m not like super super confident in the win prediction, it’s just a feeling. I don’t put a ton of stock into the *** beating of the chargers. Those east coast/west coast games always end up sloppy for the traveling team.