Impending Hue Jackson Firing, Coaching Non-Options, & Other Nonsense

Mind Character

9 minutes ago, bruceb said:

With a nice fat paycheck that keeps rolling in and setting you and yours up for your and their lives.

That paycheck can come from another team though. You know, one that has a history of offering extensions instead of severances.

Most of the top candidates will have multiple suitors.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That paycheck can come from another team though. You know, one that has a history of offering extensions instead of severances.

Most of the top candidates will have multiple suitors.

But none with such glowing prospects. ;)

4 hours ago, roger murdock said:

Do you know what happened? The team was 4-2 with Jason Campbell. He got hurt mid-season. They traded for Carson Palmer, who was literally retired at the time. Carson Palmer didn't know the playbook, wasn't that good, and was interception prone. Their season fell apart because Campbell got injured. You sound like an idiot when you act like Palmer was so gift from god. Jason Campbells injury cost that team a playoff spot and screwed him out of a job.

Didn't know the offense?

If I sound like an idiot, what do you sound like when you don't know Hue recruited Carson to USC, and was his OC and QB coach there? Or like Hue didn't spend three of Carson's years in Cincinnati coaching the WRS there?

He was literally retired because he said he wouldn't play another snap for the Bengals.

Nobody's calling him a QB god, but if you don't consider him an upgrade from Jason Campbell...

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Hue's head is only being called for by fans because in 1.5years he has only won one game. If the Browns would of won a game or two earlier in the season, Hue's job would be fine IMO. 

and whoever replaces Hue likely has not much, if any better results, so why won't they be fired after a year or so again?  Rebuilds do not happen over night, there is no instant gratification, it takes time to do a complete tear down and rebuild.

4 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Didn't know the offense?

If I sound like an idiot, what do you sound like when you don't know Hue recruited Carson to USC, and was his OC and QB coach there? Or like Hue didn't spend three of Carson's years in Cincinnati coaching the WRS there?

He was literally retired because he said he wouldn't play another snap for the Bengals.

Nobody's calling him a QB god, but if you don't consider him an upgrade from Jason Campbell...

You are right. Carson Palmer played for Hue Jackson eleven years earlier at USC so of course he should have known his Oakland Raiders offense mid season after coming off the couch. I'm the idiot and so is Carson Palmer who said " I was told I was not going to play. I didn't know the offense, I also hadn't been training and working out, so it was a complete shock to me at halftime when coach told me, 'Hey, you know we're going to get you in, in the third quarter"

My bad. Carson Palmer and I are ill-informed and you are right, because he played for Hue in 1998-2000 and should have known the Raiders 2011 playbook from that experience.

Is Carson Palmer an upgrade from Jason Campbell in a normal circumstance? Hell yes. Is Carson Palmer, coming off the couch, not knowing the offense, thrown into the fire, mid season, for a QB that knew the playbook, an upgrade over Jason Campbell. Obviously not. Palmer was significantly worse that season which you are blaming on coaching, because it helps your narrative, even though the faintest amount of common sense and self awareness indicates something else.

Palmer threw a ton of interceptions that year because he didn't know the playbook and it crushed that offense. He averaged 2 picks a game and had the lowest QB rating of his career (excluding his rookie season).

13 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

You are right. Carson Palmer played for Hue Jackson eleven years earlier at USC so of course he should have known his Oakland Raiders offense mid season after coming off the couch. I'm the idiot and so is Carson Palmer who said " I was told I was not going to play. I didn't know the offense, I also hadn't been training and working out, so it was a complete shock to me at halftime when coach told me, 'Hey, you know we're going to get you in, in the third quarter"

My bad. Carson Palmer and I are ill-informed and you are right, because he played for Hue in 1998-2000 and should have known the Raiders 2011 playbook from that experience.

Is Carson Palmer an upgrade from Jason Campbell in a normal circumstance? Hell yes. Is Carson Palmer, coming off the couch, not knowing the offense, thrown into the fire, mid season, for a QB that knew the playbook, an upgrade over Jason Campbell. Obviously not. Palmer was significantly worse that season which you are blaming on coaching, because it helps your narrative, even though the faintest amount of common sense and self awareness indicates something else.

Palmer threw a ton of interceptions that year because he didn't know the playbook and it crushed that offense. He averaged 2 picks a game and had the lowest QB rating of his career (excluding his rookie season).

Good find on the quote. I am wrong, though I still believe many of his concepts and verbiage are still the same, I can admit error when presented with factual evidence.

However, you are proving my point that Hue is a terrible coach, not the QB guru he is cracked up to be, and one of the worst decision makers in the game today. He traded away a 1st and a 2nd for that QB you described. Now he was trying to trade away a 2nd and a 3rd for a much worse QB, but thankfully someone pulled the plug on that deal.

Either way, he has to go. He's a fraud, and this McCarron business has just further exposed that fact. The jig is up.

Are we forgettting why they even traded for Palmer? Because Campbell broke his collarbone vs the Browns. It’s not like Hue was like “he was trande and change QBs in the middle of the season”. They threw Palmer in because they didn’t want to see the great start go to waste. 

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Are we forgettting why they even traded for Palmer? Because Campbell broke his collarbone vs the Browns. It’s not like Hue was like “he was trande and change QBs in the middle of the season”. They threw Palmer in because they didn’t want to see the great start go to waste. 

Eh a pair of firsts is a lot to make sure you don't waste a 4-2 start.

If anything it goes to show that Hue was impulsive and impatient, and I can't say for sure that has changed.

Hue's desperation to win has led him to make some bad decisions for for his franchise in the long term. McCarron was nearly another.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If anything it goes to show that Hue was impulsive and impatient, and I can't say for sure that has changed.

Hue's desperation to win has led him to make some bad decisions for for his franchise in the long term. McCarron was nearly another.

and the fans desperation to win has led to them calling for a knee jerk reaction firing when there is no competent replacement in site.  McCarron is by far the best NFL QB on any Ohio team.  It would not have been a bad trade at all.

Just got done watching all his games. Kind of threw out the first one against PIT since it was his first start. Wouldn't have been a bad trade nor a great one. Given a clean pocket he's going to deliver a catchable ball almost all the time to any area of the field. How much of this was AJ Green and the supporting cast idk. Big problem with him though is that if there's pressure he lacks the stature or talent to remain accurate or make plays. Another weakness is a slow delivery leading to defenders getting good jumps on intermediate routes. PIT exposed these things and forced turnovers and layed out backs on dump offs they knew were coming.

While I think we would've saw an improvement in play I don't think it'd be anything more than a bandaid for this season. Instead that 2nd and 3rd can be turned into more draft picks or used to move up in the 1st. Sign Bradford, Bridge, or Keenum and you have equally capable players. All in all Kizer with his running ability and improv may be just as good an option as AJ as long as he doesn't turn the ball over.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As I have posted before, an alleged Raiders fan called in to WTAM after a loss two or three weeks ago and said Hue was fired because his play calling prevented OAK from going 11-4 to 13-3.

Then, of course, he threw his team under the bus in the presser after the last game.

A leopard don't change its spots.

32 minutes ago, bruceb said:

As I have posted before, an alleged Raiders fan called in to WTAM after a loss two or three weeks ago and said Hue was fired because his play calling prevented OAK from going 11-4 to 13-3.

Then, of course, he threw his team under the bus in the presser after the last game.

A leopard don't change its spots.

Well, that settles that.

I mean, when you can cite source such as a radio show caller...

I would be interested to hear why they 11-13 win roster won 4 games the following year tho.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well, that settles that.

I mean, when you can cite source such as a radio show caller...

I would be interested to hear why they 11-13 win roster won 4 games the following year tho.

I didn't cite...I reported what I heard.

It's consistent with what many of us think/suspect.

That's all.

No need to snipe, unless it makes you feel good.

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

and the fans desperation to win has led to them calling for a knee jerk reaction firing when there is no competent replacement in site.  McCarron is by far the best NFL QB on any Ohio team.  It would not have been a bad trade at all.

If you really think he is better than the ginger you are crazy.  I would take ginger of McCarron any day of the week.  You really want to risk trading a 2nd and a 3rd for a guy who can't beat out ginger boy....no thanks.

Archived