Impending Hue Jackson Firing, Coaching Non-Options, & Other Nonsense

Mind Character

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Or at least gave a guy a fair shake and let a front office see their vision through to some degree.

To me they need to give this regimie the time. To me doing so, only gives them more creditably to Haslem. He can go, I gave them 4-5years and they accomplished nothing or they were able to accomplish there plan and its now to keep things going. 

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

To me they need to give this regimie the time. To me doing so, only gives them more creditably to Haslem. He can go, I gave them 4-5years and they accomplished nothing or they were able to accomplish there plan and its now to keep things going. 

Agree completely.

42 minutes ago, buno67 said:

its not even the off the field. He couldnt get Manziel prepared to know the basics after week10. Yeah the majority of that is on Manziel but it also falls onto the coaches as well. 

Give me a break. He was an alcoholic loser who didn't learn the playbook. The other guys did. He didn't care. You can't force a loser to stop being a loser.

32 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Give me a break. He was an alcoholic loser who didn't learn the playbook. The other guys did. He didn't care. You can't force a loser to stop being a loser.

True. And yet most of this forum is caping for a coach who has a .043 winning percentage here.

4 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

True. And yet most of this forum is caping for a coach who has a .043 winning percentage here.

and yet when he had some semblance of a veteran team around him he went 8-8 with oakland.  maybe lets give him some time for the young guns to get more than 8 or 24 games under their belts before we write him off

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

and yet when he had some semblance of a veteran team around him he went 8-8 with oakland.  maybe lets give him some time for the young guns to get more than 8 or 24 games under their belts before we write him off

And he shat on them when they didn't win the game that would have put them in the playoffs.

This is weaker than CNN but a caller to WTAM  after the Texans game who identified himself as a Raiders fan said the Hue's play calling stopped the Raiders from being way better than 8-8 and that is why he was fired.

Personally, I would have fired him for throwing his team under the bus.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

So he took over an 8-8 team and went 8-8, and that is supposed to be a sign of good coaching? He went from Jason Campbell to Carson Palmer and produced exactly 0 additional wins, running the same offense from the year prior but drastically improving the QB position.

Adding talent at the QB position has not historically made Hue produce more wins. That is the sign of a bad coach.

Hoping he becomes a good coach with more talent is a dream without precedent.

8 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

So he took over an 8-8 team and went 8-8, and that is supposed to be a sign of good coaching? He went from Jason Campbell to Carson Palmer and produced exactly 0 additional wins, running the same offense from the year prior but drastically improving the QB position.

Adding talent at the QB position has not historically made Hue produce more wins. That is the sign of a bad coach.

Hoping he becomes a good coach with more talent is a dream without precedent.

no its to remind you that the dude isn't as inept as you say he is.  you forget this dude has in fact produced a .500 season in his only previous year as a head coach.  you also try and paint a picture like he doesn't know offense yet he's clearly shown he can call plays for good offenses in cinci for andy dalton led teams.

out of the people that could come here NEXT year (remember no coach has gotten more than two years in Cleveland since 2009-- and there's been 5 of em, i had to count myself)- who's gonna come here with a better resume than the one Hue Jackson currently has EVEN WITH his 2 years as a Browns head coach included?  Especially with the roster that they started with in 2015- old, expensive and very very bad and the tank job that had to follow.  

44 minutes ago, mistakey said:

no its to remind you that the dude isn't as inept as you say he is.  you forget this dude has in fact produced a .500 season in his only previous year as a head coach.  you also try and paint a picture like he doesn't know offense yet he's clearly shown he can call plays for good offenses in cinci for andy dalton led teams.

out of the people that could come here NEXT year (remember no coach has gotten more than two years in Cleveland since 2009-- and there's been 5 of em, i had to count myself)- who's gonna come here with a better resume than the one Hue Jackson currently has EVEN WITH his 2 years as a Browns head coach included?  Especially with the roster that they started with in 2015- old, expensive and very very bad and the tank job that had to follow.  

No doubt in my mind the man has forgotten more about football than I will ever know.

A great resume does not always equal great success, though. As we are witnesses to every week now.

or you wait a year, show that to EVERY coach that it really was hue- no coach can go 3 years in a row atrocious record and not deserve to get fired.  or, maybe hue actually gets better with more talent around him.  we spent some big money last offseason (garrett, kirksey, tretter, zeitler, britt) and we have 120 more to spend next year, and 5 1st and 2nd round picks.

Our team was really bad.  like Really bad.  no coach would look good here.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

No doubt in my mind the man has forgotten more about football than I will ever know.

A great resume does not always equal great success, though. As we are witnesses to every week now.

but i mean like isnt most of your gripe with him his play calling? but he's had success, great success as a playcaller in the NFL.  

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

but i mean like isnt most of your gripe with him his play calling? but he's had success, great success as a playcaller in the NFL.  

As an OC. Double duty hasn't proven so great. The 8-8 Raider team he took over was 6th in points the year prior and 16th with Hue as the head coach. The defense went from 20th to 29th but I won't put that blame on him, the offensive drop seems questionable though. It did get worse under Dennis Allen after Hue left to throw a little sunshine.

37 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Great success would mean a playoff win at least. He's been productive with a cutesy offense, and got most of his success with a transcendent WR and a power running game. If he wanted to repeat that success, he has made no effort to replicate that formula. 

His play calls are bad here. He abandons the run and forces the ball downfield all too often. His success, or lack therof, is a result of that as much as the talent level is. 

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

As an OC. Double duty hasn't proven so great. The 8-8 Raider team he took over was 6th in points the year prior and 16th with Hue as the head coach. The defense went from 20th to 29th but I won't put that blame on him, the offensive drop seems questionable though. It did get worse under Dennis Allen after Hue left to throw a little sunshine.

6th to 16th in pointss after adding Carson Palmer to a QB group that included Kyle Boller and Jason Campbell. Raiders also set the record for most penalized team in NFL history that year, so there's a feather in his cap he probably doesn't want. 

Archived