Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

Best I can figure, the outside wideouts will be ESB and Malik with Cobb working the slot(he'd just get buried on the outside if forced into the role), which still puts too much of an emphasis on a 3WR set given that the smart opinions want a run-heavy emphasis. If anything, a 2TE system would be better given the damage done to the receiving corps overall.

That might just be me imitating Ace Ventura. Maybe I should just take up drinking instead...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Best I can figure, the outside wideouts will be ESB and Malik with Cobb working the slot(he'd just get buried on the outside if forced into the role), which still puts too much of an emphasis on a 3WR set given that the smart opinions want a run-heavy emphasis. If anything, a 2TE system would be better given the damage done to the receiving corps overall.

That might just be me imitating Ace Ventura. Maybe I should just take up drinking instead...

Tonight might be a good night to be drinking

5 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Cards have the best defense against TE's this year so far fyi. Not expecting much from GB's TE group tonight.

Not exactly faced upper level TE thus far....

Firkser

Herndon/ Conklin 

O'Shaunassey

Higbee

Dwelley

Hooper/Njoku

Akins

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Not exactly faced upper level TE thus far....

Firkser

Herndon/ Conklin 

O'Shaunassey

Higbee

Dwelley

Hooper/Njoku

Akins

I was thinking about that, "maybe they've only played ****ty ones"

Well done

For this game, the more spread offense, the worse it's gonna be. MLF has to get back to the traditional looks from under center where pass and run plays all look the same and be very efficient from there. This will level the playing field somewhat and give the WR's half a chance. Obviously run the damn ball too. Basically, back to the basics of worked so well last year. I fear MLF will panic and go spread early and often, which will play into AZ offense and defense

Just now, cannondale said:

For this game, the more spread offense, the worse it's gonna be. MLF has to get back to the traditional looks from under center where pass and run plays all look the same and be very efficient from there. This will level the playing field somewhat and give the WR's half a chance. Obviously run the damn ball too. Basically, back to the basics of worked so well last year. I fear MLF will panic and go spread early and often, which will play into AZ offense and defense

Being in Arizona sure doesn't help. West Coast and Florida have been Kryptonite to this club the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Being in Arizona sure doesn't help. West Coast and Florida have been Kryptonite to this club the last couple of years.

And that's up to the defense. Allowing points on the first 2 drives and all bets are off. The offense won't be able to keep up